Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2015, 06:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gaming news websites

Wondering what everyone's using to get their gaming news and/or reviews currently. I used to use IGN a lot, mostly out of familiarity and I thought their layout was decent, but I've been pretty 'meh' on their content for a while and they seem to be going 'clickbait' a lot of the time. Gamespot I checked back in the day, but their layout has seemed terrible for a while. I find Polygon's layout a bit weird too and their review scores can be way out to lunch at times.

I check RPGamer and Nintendolife once in a while for more specific news, but I wouldn't mind knowing if there's any good ones I've been missing.
Old June 23, 2015, 06:54 AM
Top Prospect

Rock Paper Shotgun. PC centric and I generally agree with their assessments. They don't do a lot of hardware talk which I like because gaming sites generally do a poor job of assessing hardware beyond of peripherals.
Old June 23, 2015, 12:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Can't stand IGN. Seems to pander to all the AAA titles and large developers and gives them good reviews even if they're garbage.

RPS is good, as is Gamers With Jobs. I do enjoy TotalBiscuit too.
Eurogamer is often worth a look as well.

Not really a gaming news site specifically, but Ars Technica has a fantastic gaming section which has threads on, well...pretty much any game really. I find it useful when deciding if I'll like something or not
Old June 23, 2015, 01:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Regulars for me are Shacknews (although the quality of posts has diminished there since they were bought out IMHO) and Polygon. I occasionally check out VG247, PCgamer, USgamer.net, and once in a blue moon Kotaku.