Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2015, 08:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default E3 2015... Best year yet?

Ok so this year's E3 has been FANTASTIC so far. So many fantastic games being shown and announced!

What I loved so far (June 15th) this E3:

1. Final Fantasy 7 REMAKE
  2. Dark Souls 3 Trailer
  3. Transformers: Devastation by Platinum Games.
  4. The MGS: 5 Trailer
  5. Mass Effect trailer.
  6. The DOOM Trailer.
  7. The new Super Smash Bros content.
  8. Star Wars Battlefront Multiplayer and Coop Trailers.
That's about it for today hope Nintendo, Square and the PC Gaming Show can deliver up tomorrow
Old June 16, 2015, 04:03 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I would say this was one of the worst ever.

I can count on my fingers the amount of NEW games there are out there.

2015 is the Year of the Remake / Sequel. ZERO new ideas.
Old June 16, 2015, 04:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Another Final Fantasy game getting a Remake/HD Re-release, has Square honestly ran out of ideas, well I guess when you have soo many fantasies that are not final you eventually run out of ideas at the well....

Sure it's a sequel, but I'm looking forward to Fallout 4, it has been a long time coming, damn long time.

I get an eerie feeling that the new Mass Effect will evolve and change into an MMORPG before it comes out...

Scrolling through the list you are right Sky, quite a few remakes or sequels, but to be fair some of these sequels we have been waiting for (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, etc), while others are probably just a cash grab (FF7 Remake, Assassins Creed, etc)
Old June 16, 2015, 06:03 AM

Honestly, the two games I'm most anxious for are No Man's Sky and Total War: Warhammer. That's pretty much it.

If I see another Battlefield reskin (hello Battlefront!), CoD or Tom Clancy multi-player junk heap I'm gonna hurl.
Old June 16, 2015, 06:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm pretty 'meh' on FF7 remake. I was a huge FF fan back in the day but VII was just decent to me. Didn't enjoy it as much as IV,VI and X. I'd prefer a remake of VI more than any other. Mass Effect is way too early to know anything solid about. It's not being done by the Edmonton team so it's hard to say if it will be good or have 'EA' all over it. ME's one of my favorite series, so I'm hoping it's good, but I don't plan on getting excited.

Fallout 4 I'm actually looking forward to. Besides that and Zelda Wii U, nothing else has really grabbed my attention.
Old June 16, 2015, 06:54 AM

It's horrible the way they are doing things these days.

Gears of War 3 -> "Until the END" tagline which the developers admitted meant it was the last of the series -> Run out of ideas -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Halo -> Halo 3 billed as the final installment -> Run out of ideas -> hire new developer -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Uncharted -> Always meant to be a trilogy -> Run out of ideas -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Seriously....the list goes on....
Old June 16, 2015, 06:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I'm pretty 'meh' on FF7 remake. I was a huge FF fan back in the day but VII was just decent to me. Didn't enjoy it as much as IV,VI and X. I'd prefer a remake of VI more than any other. Mass Effect is way too early to know anything solid about. It's not being done by the Edmonton team so it's hard to say if it will be good or have 'EA' all over it. ME's one of my favorite series, so I'm hoping it's good, but I don't plan on getting excited.

Fallout 4 I'm actually looking forward to. Besides that and Zelda Wii U, nothing else has really grabbed my attention.
Bioware stated on their blog that they have 3-4 locations working on Mass Effect, not one single location.

Again, still pleasantly surprised Fallout 4 has a release date of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
It's horrible the way they are doing things these days.

Gears of War 3 -> "Until the END" tagline which the developers admitted meant it was the last of the series -> Run out of ideas -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Halo -> Halo 3 billed as the final installment -> Run out of ideas -> hire new developer -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Uncharted -> Always meant to be a trilogy -> Run out of ideas -> Sequel / spinoff / prequel time!!

Seriously....the list goes on....
Yeah...I'm not sure what the hell is going on with Gears, as they made it a trilogy, I think the remastered edition for the Xbone is as far as they needed to go for Gears.

As much as I do love Halo, I do agree with you on their decision to push it further and further, sure there is lore (from the older novels) there to support it, and god damn it's going to be great to FINALLY see Blue Team (as the Spartans were trained to operate in fire teams, not solo usually). Though that's probably my fanboy for the series blinding me, I will admit it though.

Uncharted...I heard they had technical issues with the gameplay, and yeah...I agree with you there Sky.
Old June 16, 2015, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nobody should be surprised in the least that we're looking at another year of sequel-mania. I still haven't seen much that excites me besides the stupid Xbox elite controller...and that's sad.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 16, 2015, 07:26 AM

Oh hey look! Another Assassin's Creed! NOPE!
Old June 16, 2015, 07:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Oh hey look! Another Assassin's Creed! NOPE!
After the train wreck that Unity was I'm amazed anyone would still buy an AC game at this point.