Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2008, 10:59 AM
Allstar

Default Far Cry 2 Trailer/Commentary Released

I have to admit something. I have never completed the original Far Cry, due to being a wimp. I haven't completed Crysis due to my everlasting desire to give you guys content. But I still can't help but drool at a brand-new trailer/commentary that Ubisoft Montreal pushed out just the other day.
Game development commentaries all share a similar goal, to tell you exactly how much effort is going into the game, to help amp you up. Racing game developers for one, will brag about how they went to a Porsche manufacturer to study the designs of the cars, to make sure that the game represented the model beautifully. But how many of those developers would be willing to camp out in Africa in order to deliver the ultimate realism?
Ubisoft Montreal might be one of the few. To mimic an amazing world, they traveled there to study both the land itself and the animals, to get an idea of how they get on with their everyday lives. The result, judging from the gameplay video, is quite impressive. The devs also mention that the game will feature a total of 50KM sq. and will be fully explorable. There's no linear gameplay here, they claim. You are free to choose your own route, which is why the game consists of only one definite mission.
Is it possible to not get excited for this one?

The developer clips in this trailer are actually quite entertaining, with Far Cry 2's art director, Alex Amancio, explaining how the team almost got eaten by lions while camping in Africa (silly Quebecers, should have hired someone with lion-mastering experience). Far Cry 2 is expected later this year and will allegedly be the same game on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Source: Joystiq

More...
Old May 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

Graphic artists and software programmers running wild on the African plains!

Non-linear game play sounds interesting.
Old May 9, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, I can say I'm very much looking forward to this game. I really like the idea of ow open ended it sounds, plus it looks down right amazing.

Old May 9, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I agree, I so want to play this game when it comes out.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old May 12, 2008, 09:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Far Cry 2

I'm really looking forward to playing this game, I only hope it's release does not get pushed back, and back....and back.
Old May 13, 2008, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have been wanting to play this game for sooooo long. I first found out about this when they just put a logo of Farcry 2 on there website and nothing else.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This looks soo good, big up Ubisoft Montreal!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 21, 2008, 11:37 PM
Rookie

this game actually looks promising from what ive seen so far.
Memory: 4GB Crucial Ballistix Ram
HDD: 250GB
Keyboard: Logitech G15 2nd Gen
Mouse: Razer Copperhead
Mouse Pad: Qck Mini

Old June 28, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just finished watching a twenty minute long video of just game play and am very impressed. It looks to have maybe a couple issues with the framerate but since this is not the finished build I am not worried.

You can see the video here: Over 20 minutes of new Far Cry 2 footage - Big Download Blog