Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Pillars of Eternity

Anyone pick this up? I'm really liking it so far, a little text heavy learning the new spells and skills, but a good old school CRPG.

And I haven't hit a single bug yet. Obsidian actually got their stuff together in the QA department it seems :D
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I've been meaning to look at this. I'm so accustomed to the whole voice acting thing I'm not sure if I could read through all that text....
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The amount of text does get overwhelming. I've been treating like Skyrim or Mass Effect where eventually I just give up on reading every book and note I come across. If you stick to just the conversation text, it's not as much to handle.

Anyone who liked BG1 and BG2 will almost certainly like this one. There's lots of nice little engine improvements like 'double speed'. First thing I used to do in BG was cheat boots of speed onto everyone so I didn't spend so much time waiting for the party to walk places.
Old Today, 09:19 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

So I played it a bit last night and I have to say I'm liking it. WAAAY too many walls of text though.