Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 19, 2015, 12:02 PM
Skippman's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 183

My System Specs

Default Anyone use CDKeys.com?

I was doing a search for Watch Dogs and came across a site called CDKeys dot com. I know a couple of you have used G2A before but was wondering if these guys were reputable. Hard to pass up some of the deals they're throwing around.

I sound like a freaking spambot even asking this, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 20, 2015, 11:47 AM
On2wheels's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ontario
Posts: 1,102
Default

Looking at their facebook page the prices are pretty good. I've never used them or g2a, frankly they all seem too shady to me. Maybe for a cheap Uplay key I might try them.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 22, 2015, 08:40 AM
MVP
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brockville, ON
Posts: 476

My System Specs

Default

I tried a couple years back with them and G2A for diablo II key as I had the game with cd but loss my key code, I paid the I believe it was $9.95 for a "legit key" so I could play online and everything, key would not work for the online portion even though was claimed to be battlelog safe. Worked fine for the single player however.

These devs should make their games same way, buy the game(hopefully) the hashkey or whatever is built in so if only ever play single or offline no key needed only when want to go online/multiplayer is it required.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 23, 2015, 06:05 AM
Skippman's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 183

My System Specs

Default

Well, what you're describing is pretty emblematic of everything Blizzard has done since Diablo when they first introduced BattleNet. I think most of the gaming community has gotten over the "online always" and "media-less" nature of modern software distribution. It works so reliably now that when it DOES crash we are completely blindsided by it. Steam alone has kind of made that the industry standard.

Now what I am getting tired of is having so many DIFFERENT distribution services. Steam, Origin, uPlay, etc. I understand how every publisher wants it's own piece of the action, but I really do miss the days when Steam was it. I like having everything unified.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old March 23, 2015, 07:26 AM
Bond007's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down under
Posts: 3,556

My System Specs

Default

I haven't used them or G2A, but I was recently wondering if those types of distribution are legit. Interested to hear the responses to this thread. Is G2A good?
__________________
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K 1.09v/4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old March 23, 2015, 08:33 AM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 15,294

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
I tried a couple years back with them and G2A for diablo II key as I had the game with cd but loss my key code, I paid the I believe it was $9.95 for a "legit key" so I could play online and everything, key would not work for the online portion even though was claimed to be battlelog safe. Worked fine for the single player however.

These devs should make their games same way, buy the game(hopefully) the hashkey or whatever is built in so if only ever play single or offline no key needed only when want to go online/multiplayer is it required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippman View Post
Well, what you're describing is pretty emblematic of everything Blizzard has done since Diablo when they first introduced BattleNet. I think most of the gaming community has gotten over the "online always" and "media-less" nature of modern software distribution. It works so reliably now that when it DOES crash we are completely blindsided by it. Steam alone has kind of made that the industry standard.

Now what I am getting tired of is having so many DIFFERENT distribution services. Steam, Origin, uPlay, etc. I understand how every publisher wants it's own piece of the action, but I really do miss the days when Steam was it. I like having everything unified.
That doesn't sound like a blizzard issue to me, that sounds like a cracked key running up against active online DRM to prevent piracy.

If that's the only story we hear about this company then my own opinion would be that they're not legit at all.
__________________
Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI / i7 4770K / 2X 8G Gskill 1866 Sniper / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
Corsair 380T / Corsair H100i GTX AIO/ Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old March 23, 2015, 05:39 PM
crazyea's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 240

My System Specs

Default

I have purchased about 8 games from g2a. One time the key didnt work and I had to make a claim. I had a new key within the day. Hopefully my keys dont get blacklisted.

I feel nervous each time, but the cheapskate in me always convinces the worry wort to make the purchase.
__________________
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old March 23, 2015, 06:04 PM
Bond007's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Down under
Posts: 3,556

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
I have purchased about 8 games from g2a. One time the key didnt work and I had to make a claim. I had a new key within the day. Hopefully my keys dont get blacklisted.

I feel nervous each time, but the cheapskate in me always convinces the worry wort to make the purchase.
Good to hear your experience with g2a.
__________________
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K 1.09v/4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, XFX R9 280X DD, Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old March 24, 2015, 07:11 AM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 132
Default

Ive had a number of friends buy from G2A, probably 20 games in total. Only one of them the cd-key didnt work.... and like crazy he got a new working key within 12 hours.
__________________
IM THE DUDE, PLAYING A DUDE, DISGUISED AS ANOTHER DUDE.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old March 24, 2015, 07:15 AM
Caldezar's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Port Moody, BC
Posts: 1,758
Default

Personally, I stick to the more well established dealers to play it safe. I've had some bad experiences in the past that I'd rather not have repeated.

Check out CheapShark if you haven't already. They always have the best sales listed, and you can search for a specific product and it will show you the best price. It also shows you the historical 'best price' for that game.

(Watch Dogs is currently listed at $26 at Get Games)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes