Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2015, 12:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Anyone use CDKeys.com?

I was doing a search for Watch Dogs and came across a site called CDKeys dot com. I know a couple of you have used G2A before but was wondering if these guys were reputable. Hard to pass up some of the deals they're throwing around.

I sound like a freaking spambot even asking this, lol.
Old March 20, 2015, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Looking at their facebook page the prices are pretty good. I've never used them or g2a, frankly they all seem too shady to me. Maybe for a cheap Uplay key I might try them.
Old March 22, 2015, 08:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I tried a couple years back with them and G2A for diablo II key as I had the game with cd but loss my key code, I paid the I believe it was $9.95 for a "legit key" so I could play online and everything, key would not work for the online portion even though was claimed to be battlelog safe. Worked fine for the single player however.

These devs should make their games same way, buy the game(hopefully) the hashkey or whatever is built in so if only ever play single or offline no key needed only when want to go online/multiplayer is it required.
Old March 23, 2015, 06:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well, what you're describing is pretty emblematic of everything Blizzard has done since Diablo when they first introduced BattleNet. I think most of the gaming community has gotten over the "online always" and "media-less" nature of modern software distribution. It works so reliably now that when it DOES crash we are completely blindsided by it. Steam alone has kind of made that the industry standard.

Now what I am getting tired of is having so many DIFFERENT distribution services. Steam, Origin, uPlay, etc. I understand how every publisher wants it's own piece of the action, but I really do miss the days when Steam was it. I like having everything unified.
Old March 23, 2015, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I haven't used them or G2A, but I was recently wondering if those types of distribution are legit. Interested to hear the responses to this thread. Is G2A good?
Old March 23, 2015, 08:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
I tried a couple years back with them and G2A for diablo II key as I had the game with cd but loss my key code, I paid the I believe it was $9.95 for a "legit key" so I could play online and everything, key would not work for the online portion even though was claimed to be battlelog safe. Worked fine for the single player however.

These devs should make their games same way, buy the game(hopefully) the hashkey or whatever is built in so if only ever play single or offline no key needed only when want to go online/multiplayer is it required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippman View Post
Well, what you're describing is pretty emblematic of everything Blizzard has done since Diablo when they first introduced BattleNet. I think most of the gaming community has gotten over the "online always" and "media-less" nature of modern software distribution. It works so reliably now that when it DOES crash we are completely blindsided by it. Steam alone has kind of made that the industry standard.

Now what I am getting tired of is having so many DIFFERENT distribution services. Steam, Origin, uPlay, etc. I understand how every publisher wants it's own piece of the action, but I really do miss the days when Steam was it. I like having everything unified.
That doesn't sound like a blizzard issue to me, that sounds like a cracked key running up against active online DRM to prevent piracy.

If that's the only story we hear about this company then my own opinion would be that they're not legit at all.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old March 23, 2015, 05:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have purchased about 8 games from g2a. One time the key didnt work and I had to make a claim. I had a new key within the day. Hopefully my keys dont get blacklisted.

I feel nervous each time, but the cheapskate in me always convinces the worry wort to make the purchase.
Heatware
Old March 23, 2015, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
I have purchased about 8 games from g2a. One time the key didnt work and I had to make a claim. I had a new key within the day. Hopefully my keys dont get blacklisted.

I feel nervous each time, but the cheapskate in me always convinces the worry wort to make the purchase.
Good to hear your experience with g2a.
Old March 24, 2015, 07:11 AM
Top Prospect

Ive had a number of friends buy from G2A, probably 20 games in total. Only one of them the cd-key didnt work.... and like crazy he got a new working key within 12 hours.
Old March 24, 2015, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Personally, I stick to the more well established dealers to play it safe. I've had some bad experiences in the past that I'd rather not have repeated.

Check out CheapShark if you haven't already. They always have the best sales listed, and you can search for a specific product and it will show you the best price. It also shows you the historical 'best price' for that game.

(Watch Dogs is currently listed at $26 at Get Games)