Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2015, 01:22 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Steam Account issues?

Anyone know if steam has ppl working in account dept to get password reset to an account who's email is no longer valid. Iv tried emailing them setting up ticket added info from credit card address last game I bought all that and it's been over a month not 1 single email from them on what's going on why it's taking them this long to even make 1 update I'd hate to lose my account and the thousands iv spent on games. Is there anything else I can do or have I lost all that money and time since they can't be bothered to reply after more then a month?
Old March 1, 2015, 06:48 AM
Rookie

Weird, I have done this before and didn't have any problems. Only took a day to so to go through the whole process. Sounds stupid, but did you check your spam folder ? According to Steam Support Site, you should have received a confirmation email. I would open a new ticket with them if not.

"Important:
Once the question has been submitted to the system, an e-mail confirmation will be sent to the e-mail specified on your account. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please check the spam filters for this inbox. If you do not receive the e-mail, your question may not have been successfully entered in to the support system"
Old March 2, 2015, 03:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Oh iv got the confirmation emails that I updated the ticket but they have not put single reply still. I'll get the emails that iv updated the ticket but i haven't received a single reply from them.
Old March 2, 2015, 04:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here's what iv got from them I put the info they asked for and yet not a reply.
Attached Images

Old March 2, 2015, 05:27 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Amazing it took them that amount of time. Last time I had account issues, I had to wait 2 weeks for their response.
Old March 2, 2015, 05:42 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah I just put another reply in asking how much longer this will take I got the confirmation email within 2 mins of hitting add reply. Not sure how to proceed do I call this a lost cause and start over with a new account or wait till they eventually reply.
Old March 2, 2015, 07:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

I guess I just learned that not everyone has multiple accounts. I have 4 that I use for family & LAN parties, adding duplicate games that I already own on my main account.

That being said I'd hate to lose access to any of them, since it sounds like it takes forever to get one back. Good luck!

Old March 6, 2015, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Sounds like par for the course for steam support, I've never heard of them being speedy until Gabe got involved that one time. I would send you here but it seems it's closed for some reason https://www.change.org/p/valve-corpo...stomer-support
[tin foil hats maybe?]
Old March 7, 2015, 02:07 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I tried still no reply so I dug through everything I have for passwords for all stream apps. I got back in myself no thanks to support and wierd thing is my account was set to go to my current email but nothing is going through I checked blocked senders safe senders and it's all green I get reply right away when I updated ticket so I tried again to see what happens I don't get the reset email I click send but it won't work which isn't good but iv got the steam password saved in a list of things I normally forget if I haven't physically logged in my self in awhile.
Old March 7, 2015, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Email or nothing. Last time it took me 3 weeks to get my account fixed.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.