Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Team Fortress 2 Update: What do you think about it?

Well, as the title says, what do you think about the new weapons/ achievements?

Personally, I think its not that great because before, everyone would have the same weapons, therefore the game is balanced. But now, with the new weapons, it would throw the game off balance. Just my opinion.

What do you think?
Old May 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
MVP
F@H

I agree 100%. Before, anyone could just log on and the rules were simple. Now I have medics downing me with 3 needles out of the blue. I think its lost alot of appeal, because of the new imbalance. Maybe if they had released the updates for all the characters at once it could have worked better
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old May 7, 2008, 05:19 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister View Post
Maybe if they had released the updates for all the characters at once it could have worked better
Also agreed, but now I'm seeing games where on a team of 16, there are 6-7 medics trying to get achievements and not even bothering to heal anyone. All the updates/achievements should have been released on the same date. Growl valve, growl.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I LOVED it before, I completely stopped playing now. Back to COD4, it's a better game anyways. :)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 7, 2008, 03:37 PM
MVP

I liked the new map. But won't play again till everything quiets down again. Too many people are over-excited about getting new achievements and not playing properly...
Old May 7, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Yeah I LOVED it before, I completely stopped playing now. Back to COD4, it's a better game anyways. :)
Haha, same.. I use to play Team Fortress 2 every time I'm on my computer, but now, its just.. not fun anymore, like CMetaphor said before, the medics just stop healing, so I'm back to COD4 too.
Old May 7, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I never have time, but I love the game. Gotta play with good people though, otherwise it is just frustrating and repetitive

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:27 PM
MVP
F@H

Ya the people you are playing with make all the difference. But who knows 32 people personally who are all home and willing to game at the same time, and aren't playing GTA4 religiously??

The new map, meh, I can't tell it apart from the last map they released. Whats with the dirty canyon maps, enough already with the generic textures. For how long it takes valve to get anything done, I expect more from new maps. What about real looking locations, instead of all this toy story stuff?
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old May 10, 2008, 08:22 AM
Top Prospect

Yah, a few of the guys at work are programmers, and I'm an Environment Artist/Producer.

I could have had that level built, modeled and textured in under 2 weeks. When I asked the programmers how hard it would be to make the ' bomb ' function. They laughed and said it'd take 10 minutes if both hands were occupied by something else ( I'll save the actual vulgar explanation ).

Yet it took them 3 or more months to let it out. And given that its valve we are all bug testing it for them ( ok I'm not I didnt reinstall TF2 ) so they'll be patching it for the next few months.

They should really give up on TF2, it was 8 years, it was a minor success.

Give me Counter Strike 2 ffs. CS:S is now 5 years old. More people still play it than TF2, get on to what people obviously want. MOAR KILLING.
CASE: NZXT Lexa Blackline PSU : OCZ Gamestream 700w
Old May 11, 2008, 06:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Played it a few times and not noticed much difference-aside from medics can kill you quick if your not careful-although I waited for things to settle and often play on custom maps and 32 players.

I guess it doesn't take "long" to model the maps but I assume theres a bit of thought, testing, plus decision making that go's into it- to make it fun - (which takes time).

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.