Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2014, 06:18 AM
Top Prospect

I'm with Shadowmeph, only ever played FF7.

Been looking around for a decent MMORPG to rip away the last vestiges of free time in my life, but I'm not convince this one is it. Was very hopeful about ESO but...yeah...that doesn't look so hot right now.
Old July 17, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
There were lots of little bugs, strange occurrences, and features missing that surprised me, considering it was a REMAKE of the original failure. I wish I could be specific, but I put this game entirely out of my mind after foolishly spending money on it on release. Only played a few days. I found Rift (on release, know nothing of it's current status) as well as GW2 to be better games overall.

It's certainly not a game that speaks of the difficulty of early MMOs though. This isn't anywhere on the level of EQ / FF XI, but nothing really is anymore, as that level of hostility to the player is developer suicide in the current market.
That's disappointing to hear. Especially since it's a monthly subscription game... Still back to waiting for Camelot Unchained it would seem. :(
Old August 16, 2014, 06:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've been playing this for a few weeks and I'm enjoying it this far. You can definitely SP a lot of the game, but so far the community (Brynhildr server atm) seems pretty friendly. I haven't run into lag issues and I like that I can switch classes at a moments notice. Being a MMO newb, maybe more experienced gamers have valid gripes, but overall I'm having fun with the game.