Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21, 2014, 06:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Twitch selling out to Google?

Personally, I think google is going to be a bad thing for those of us who love twitch and what it offers. It will be nice to see the service have a lot more money thrown behind it to be able to keep up with demand better but I don't see why that must include a sale to the evil juggernaut of the Internet.
Old May 21, 2014, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm a twitch streamer and yes there's gonna be some bs coming from google for sure,but i see a lot of good as well.With their money hopefully they can work on things that have been plaguing twitch lately,like better servers,the horrible horrible delay which makes it kinda hard to keep up with your chat at times,and all the viewbotting that's going on.Microsoft also put in a bid and i'm more thankful then anything that they never got it.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:10 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Funny, so many YouTube personalities went to Twitch in order to get away from Google's idiotic implementation of the Google+ comment system. Now, guess what's going to happen....
Old May 21, 2014, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

I only hope my twitch account stays separate from big brother google, I'm already avoiding google+ just to keep one last shred of online anonymity.
Old May 21, 2014, 01:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I can see Google eventually merging your twitch account into your google+ account, just like they did that with youtube....It's annoying as hell when I log into a new system and need to switch over to my youtube account as it always defaults to my google+ one.
Old May 21, 2014, 03:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Aren't there rumblings suggesting that google+ might be slated for the axe?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 21, 2014, 08:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I tried deleting my G+ account but since google likes to be a dick, when I made a new youtube account they're like OH WE NOTICED YOU HAD A G+ ACCOUNT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN IN WITH THAT? I'm like I DELETED IT FFS! I just want a youtube account to track my subscriptions that's it. I don't need a choose your login every god damn time I'm trying to go on it. I actually was successful in erasing my name on the internet but the god damn G+ profile is the only thing remaining when I type my full name in the search.

Sadly though they're not many alternatives to Twitch, I can think of UStream and Daily Motion's Live stream thing right now that can probably compete. While both aren't game focused, they can probably attract old Twitch broadcasters (or is it streamers?) and develop a sub section dedicated to gaming.
Old May 21, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
I tried deleting my G+ account but since google likes to be a dick, when I made a new youtube account they're like OH WE NOTICED YOU HAD A G+ ACCOUNT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SIGN IN WITH THAT? I'm like I DELETED IT FFS! I just want a youtube account to track my subscriptions that's it. I don't need a choose your login every god damn time I'm trying to go on it. I actually was successful in erasing my name on the internet but the god damn G+ profile is the only thing remaining when I type my full name in the search.

Sadly though they're not many alternatives to Twitch, I can think of UStream and Daily Motion's Live stream thing right now that can probably compete. While both aren't game focused, they can probably attract old Twitch broadcasters (or is it streamers?) and develop a sub section dedicated to gaming.
Whether its G+ or Facebook yoru account is never "gone" and always there.
Old May 21, 2014, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

And all the people you don't want knowing you play video games are gonna know! :P
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 22, 2014, 07:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see google plus as the only potential problem. My main issue is the way YouTube treats it's content creators and the way they let other companies put up copyright claims on your content when they are not the content owner. I very much dislike the possibility of having to worry even more about potential google BS abou then wanting to own the Internet so nobody has an alternative, then force crappy UI and other bad choices upon us.