Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2014, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

another thing i'm worried about is music...i always have music going in my stream and my viewers enjoy my music.With google i'm sure the whole copyright thing will come into play :(
Old May 23, 2014, 01:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, considering how google has stopped removing every video with copyright music of youtuve, I don't think we have to worry too much. Although, I am not certain what will happen to revenue streams for those who make money off twitch and play music. HONESTLY, YouTube and twitch should cut a licensing agreement with music labels so you can just get a licensing agreement directly and know exactly what you'll have to pay to make money off code with music in it.
Old June 8, 2014, 04:33 PM
MVP

It's just another example of when something gets popular, it needs to be exploited. I hate what Twitch has become with the whole "Minecraft server" mentality. Ohhh if I donate $5 to ....watch a guy playing a game (wtf?) I can get my name a different colour in the chat screen! YAY! Google probably saw that it was becoming popular and wanted a piece. So they bought it and will now get all the profit from it.
Old June 9, 2014, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

I am concerned with Google becoming synonymous with the internet. They now own the 2 largest video sites on the web, the main search engine, one of the largest, if not largest, email services, online documents......

They just have too much right now and Twitch going to Google who already has Youtube and has started setting up that as a streamer, it doesn't make sense to me, basically anyone else and it would have been better for the health of the web I think.