Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2014, 05:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Well hey, there's a new Battlefield game....even though the current one is still partially broken!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. What happens when they've fooled their customers three times in a row? ;)
Old June 12, 2014, 06:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Nintendo's been a dead carcass that just twitches every once in a while, stopped paying attention while ago.
What? They definitely won this E3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
@Lamb Why preorder Witcher 3 it through steam? Get it through GOG and you get way more extras and absolutely no DRM. Plus you are then supporting the guys who make it directly.
Because I get 20% through Steam, I don't have the first 2 on GOG.

EDIT : was able to redeem Witcher 2 on GOG and bought again the 1st one, trying to get a refund from Steam now :P

Last edited by Lamb; June 12, 2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old June 12, 2014, 08:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Seriously contemplating buying a Wii U after this E3. With a new Zelda, SSB, and Mario Kart 8 recently released it seems like it'd be good fun for a bit.

Still highly disappointed about no Kingdom Hearts 3 news. Not surprising since it's been so long already. I want to play KH 2.5 ReMIX later this year to kill some time but I sold my PS3 off long ago...
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 12, 2014, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
What? They definitely won this E3.
Eh, I didn't watch their presentation and I don't put the same stock in "winning E3" as I use to. In my view its just another twitch of the carcass. No actual new IP, all the same old Nintendo titles rehashed for the Wii U, a platform that ONLY Nintendo is developing for at this point it feels like.
Old June 12, 2014, 10:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Eh, I didn't watch their presentation and I don't put the same stock in "winning E3" as I use to. In my view its just another twitch of the carcass. No actual new IP, all the same old Nintendo titles rehashed for the Wii U, a platform that ONLY Nintendo is developing for at this point it feels like.
There's a new IP coming to 3DS (Projet STEAM), I don't think it look that great, but that's a new IP right there.

The new games, even if they're not new IP's, look great : new Zelda, new Star Fox, Hyrule Warrior, Splatoon, Smash Bros U just to name those. I like Nintendo for their exclusives, they have the best exclusive IP's with Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc... - that's what make Nintendo great. I don't care about games on other consoles as much since I can just get them on PC. Most exclusives on Sony's & Microsoft's consoles aren't as good to my taste so I couldn't care less about those. PC + Nintendo is the best combo you can get.

Last edited by Lamb; June 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old June 12, 2014, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
There's a new IP coming to 3DS (Projet STEAM), I don't think it look that great, but that's a new IP right there.

The new games, even if they're not new IP's, look great : new Zelda, new Star Fox, Hyrule Warrior, Splatoon, Smash Bros U just to name those. I like Nintendo for their exclusives, they have the best exclusive IP's with Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc... - that's what make Nintendo great. I don't care about games on other consoles as much since I can just get them on PC. Most exclusives on Sony's & Microsoft's consoles aren't as good to my taste so I couldn't care less about those. PC + Nintendo is the best combo you can get.
They have the most old exclusives, most of those date back to early consoles before the xbox was even an idea in Microsoft's misguided head. There arent any original ideas of substance coming out of Nintendo's corner, Mario Kart 8 for crying out loud and it really doesn't look like the formula has changed.

It may also be a personal view but very few of those actually appeal to me anymore. I miss some of the exclusives from Sony much more, uncharted and last of us for example
Old June 12, 2014, 12:17 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Looking at Nintendo's lineup, I feel like I'm in 1990 again. Just this time, we're seeing the same things done for the EIGHTH time rather than the FIRST time.

I won't touch Wii U until Nintendo can convince third party developers to come back to their console. I can only stand so much Mario, Star Fox, Metroid and Zelda.
Old June 12, 2014, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Witcher3 had better let me choose to do side missions in any order I want, and give me at least as much freedom as Skyrim did. That's my biggest fear. Haven't preordered yet, but if I can get a copy of each of the first 2 on Steam I jsut might preorder. Already have non steam versions, If anyone has some to trade on Steam let me know. (I know about the gog deal).

GTAV Steam: take my money now.

Arkham Knight: going to fight off that preorder urge, sure looks good. Batmobile trailer was all PC apparently.

BF Hardline: FU EA, you made a BF4 mod while copying Payday2 and expect $70 for it. You're embarassing yourself now.

Sniper Elite 3: greenmangaming store credit preorder. Love the series.

Dying Light? haven't seen it but sure looks good.
Old June 12, 2014, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
Witcher3 had better let me choose to do side missions in any order I want, and give me at least as much freedom as Skyrim did. That's my biggest fear. Haven't preordered yet, but if I can get a copy of each of the first 2 on Steam I jsut might preorder. Already have non steam versions, If anyone has some to trade on Steam let me know. (I know about the gog deal).
From what I have read, you can do almost everything in whatever order you want. You will be able to travel all over the place doing side missions how you please, intersected with main story line stuff. At least that is what I have gathered from everything I have read.

Old October 15, 2014, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

Far Cry 4 aiming for 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4 | VG247
"aiming for". Exactly the kind of crap that holds back PC development. Ubisoft has disappointed me too much. With a shred of luck they learned a lesson after the WatchDogs demo at E3 and the locked textures fiasco.