Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2014, 03:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

drag age, division, farcry 4 assassins creed. love all the series and division just looks good
Old June 11, 2014, 04:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hyped for most games announced for Wii U : Legend of Zelda, Hyrule Warriors,Super Smash Bros U, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Star Fox U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Wholly World and Capcom's Virtual console titles. Fantasy life on 3DS. The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Dragon Age : Inquisition, Assassin's Creed and Civ VI : Beyond Earth for PC.

Already pre-ordered The Witcher 3 through Steam!

Couldn't care less for a new Call of Duty or Battlefield.
Old June 11, 2014, 05:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Witcher 3 and Civ BE and Mass Effect 4 are my PC radar blips. I loved the ME series, from gameplay to story it all just 'hit' for me. I'll keep an eye out for how DA Inquisition shapes up, but it's hard to say after DA2 and with EA at the helm how the project will shape up. Witcher 1 was good, but flawed, Witcher 2 was great and 3 is looking to be a spectacular game, I really hope it has a modding community that takes off as well, was hoping for a little Cyberpunk news. If only CD Project Red would do a Shadowrun game next!

That being said, it was Nintendo's stuff that really took E3 for me. Zelda U looks gorgeous, from the admittedly small peek we got. I was kind of hoping for a more colorful take on the Twilight Princess art style, but the Skyward-Sword-esque visuals should hold up nicely and the Mario Galaxy series showed how even on a limited horsepower system Nintendo can make games that look far better than a lot of other AAA titles on more beefy systems. I hope Hyrule warriors turns out decent but.... The last few Dynasty games I played (Dynasty Gundam, FOTNS) were just awful repetitive junk, hopefully a firm hand by Nintendo can help keep them from pumping out a steaming pile of button mash.

Xenogears X being a 'Macross' style world/story is just icing on the cake. Xenogears was a really spectacular game if you didn't get too sidetracked, and the last 1/3 of the game really came together. Hopefully it really helps pull the JRPG out of the awful funk that Square Enix seems to desperately want to stuff the genre in. I was kind of hoping SE would have something half decent to show that wasn't Emo-antihero-giantblade XXVI or another rehash, but I'm just going to assume that everything I loved about SE in the 90s has died and is never to be seen again.

I was kind of hoping for some Mistwalker news. I really liked the Last Story and even parts of Lost Odyssey, although I'm capable of admitting how flawed each game was in their own way.

As for COD and Battlefield......*yawn* Generic Shooter 46 with 'FUTURE GUNS' has pretty much zero appeal anymore. Besides going by recent history by the time the games are debugged to hit a playable level of stability the next installment will probably be out anyway ;)
Old June 11, 2014, 05:49 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Where are you guys watching your trailers for E3? I patently refuse to visit IGN or Gamespot.
Old June 11, 2014, 05:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Youtube, finding most through Reddit.
Old June 11, 2014, 06:19 PM

Nevermind. Hit up Gametrailers.

What I am looking forward to:

Oddworld. Seriously, it's based off the classic!

Elite: Dangerous. Elite is one of my favorite sims and I'm getting tired of the money-grab Star Citizen is turning out to be. So, I'm crossing my fingers.

Doom 4. Because, well, its bloody DOOM!!!

Uncharted 4. The last 3 have been some of the best games I've played.

No Man's Sky. Indie studio. Awesome concept.

The games I'm not particularly interested in are the ones that have (IMO) outlived themselves: Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Halo and Metal Gear.
Old June 11, 2014, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

BiowEAre's ME thing basically amounted to "we're making a new ME game that doesn't include Shepard". Then they teased new IP by saying "Guess what? We're making a new IP"... entire thing was a joke in my opinion.

Nintendo's been a dead carcass that just twitches every once in a while, stopped paying attention while ago.

I was also hoping for Cyberpunk but owell.

Assassin's creed. Unless they do something different, and no coop doesn't count, only a graphics upgrade and change of scenery wont get my to buy it. Hell I didn't even finish Black Flag.....
Old June 11, 2014, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For me I am looking forward to Witcher 3, Civ: Beyond Earth, Far Cry 4 (but kind of get the feeling I will not like it as much as 3), Dragon Age (although I am still unsure of it after DA2), Tomb Raider, and the new Mass Effect. The ME series are easily near the top of my list for favorite of all time and while I still think they botched the end, I do hope they can pull off a good one. Ideally it should be set in the future, say a couple hundred years, that way we could have Krogan like Wrex and Asari like Liara still alive and part of the world, maybe not staring in it but cameo's etc.

@Lamb Why preorder Witcher 3 it through steam? Get it through GOG and you get way more extras and absolutely no DRM. Plus you are then supporting the guys who make it directly.

Old June 11, 2014, 07:40 PM

I was hoping for a new Total War game along with information about Homeworld: Shipbreakers and Homeworld Remastered.
Old June 11, 2014, 10:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I was hoping for a new Total War game along with information about Homeworld: Shipbreakers and Homeworld Remastered.
Honestly I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Rome2.......