battlefront
mirrors edge 2
and would def like to hear more info on the division
Old May 11, 2014, 04:07 AM
Allstar

Division
Old May 11, 2014, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Honestly Destiny not coming to the PC is moronic. PC is the FPS platform. You want to make THE FPS MMO, you make it for the PC then port it.It probably comes from some arrogance earned from Halo, though I don't think that even begins to justify the supposed $500 million dollar budget. Honestly, Star Citizen's FPS module interests me a lot more at this stage, starting to sound like they are doing some interesting new stuff with it.

Witcher 3, I don't know what else we can hear/read about it at this stage, really looking forward to it already, much more interested in the Cyberpunk game.

Battlefront3. An EA game I have no interest in. Not to mention all the faith I've lost in Star Wars as a franchise or the mess that Battlefield 4 was. .

Creative Assembly honestly has to much ground to make up for Rome2 to be be too interested in their next game at this stage. All they really had to do was update the graphics and AI of Rome1 and .....

Anything thats on an annual release schedule.... no interest. I want to see new IP, new things be attempted, and would love to see a new story driven single player game of some sort. Though I may be too busy playing the Star Citizen Arena Commander DFM to even notice its happening.

*whisper* Source2 *whisper*
Old May 12, 2014, 10:05 AM
Allstar

heh, wondered if anyone would mention a Source engine update.
Witcher3 is looking good, Division too, but really, if it's coming in 2015 I don't really care too much now unless it's groundbreaking.
Didn't realize the wiki has presenters listed Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old May 12, 2014, 10:31 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Star Citizen's FPS module
That's interesting because Star Citizen is largely falling flat for me. It has the "trying to do too much at one time" feeling to me.

I'm really wondering if it will eventually become another Daikatana. Granted, it could still be Chris Roberts' magnum opus but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with all the "pay to play" crap.
Old May 13, 2014, 05:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
That's interesting because Star Citizen is largely falling flat for me. It has the "trying to do too much at one time" feeling to me.

How can something fall flat that is still in early development?

I'm really wondering if it will eventually become another Daikatana. Granted, it could still be Chris Roberts' magnum opus but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with all the "pay to play" crap.
Honestly never understood Free to play at all, if its worth playing its worth paying for and not being subjected to micro transactions around every corner.

Assuming thats not what you were referring to and you were talking about people buying thousands of dollars of ships. They are all earnable in game, they wont be for sale for money after the game goes live or possibly sometime before that, Its purely a way to fund the game right now and its working for them, almost 44 million raised. Also, depending on what you want to do I really don't see there being a huge advantage to starting the game with the 30$ ship vs a $300 ship. Sure you wont be able to haul as much cargo, sure you wont have the best fighter though the Aurora LN has an awful lot of guns.

As for the FPS element, I'm not too concerned, the cryengine has already proven to be decent for FPS and it sounds like they are doing interesting things with zero G and magnetic boots. My only concern is that it may be too high a risk, not to mention difficult, to do it generally

As for biting off too much, I don't see it. The DFM, aka Arena Commander, is already looking great if you ask me. PBR and lighting looks stunning. And the flight model is shaping up nicely, and thats half the battle with a space sim, once thats nailed down the rest is just content.

Last edited by muse108dc; May 13, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old May 16, 2014, 09:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
Division
Delayed till 2015, so probably not; I wish though.
Old June 11, 2014, 01:23 PM
Allstar

As someone with over 1000hrs into Borderlands2, I have almost no interest in The Pre-sequel from what they've shown so far. It's just not the giant leap forward that B2 was from B1 to warrant a $59 tag to me.

Dead Island 2: take my money now.
Old June 11, 2014, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

FarCry4 is my star of the show for me so far, the first 5 minutes of the game showing off the Villan were brilliant.

Witcher3 also looks great but then it did before

I think Borderlands 1.5 looks good, the oxygen and jumping look good, I am waiting to see the Claptrap class. The Wilhelm character progression also sounds really interesting as you will become more robot as you level.

The shadow of Modor game looks really interesting as well, the nemesis system specifically.

I don't know Dragon Age Inq has lost some of its appeal, that may be the console interface, hope to see the PC interface sooner

nothing else has really caught my eye. Both Microsoft's and EA's streams fell extremely flat for me, Microsoft was exclusively exclusives to the xbone and the EA one was most just a lot of noise really no substance.
Old June 11, 2014, 02:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I was glad to hear there's another Mass Effect game in the pipeline, and I was hoping to see more of Mirror's Edge 2. BF:Hardline was a pleasant surprise, but after playing in the beta last night it has tons of work on the netcode to do. Rubberbanding in vehicles was bloody horrible in the 3 rounds I played last night.