Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2014, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have enough trouble keeping my guns on target already no view ahead ??
Old June 20, 2014, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
I have enough trouble keeping my guns on target already no view ahead ??
Not sure I'm understanding you? Theres no nose cam.

The Scout looks good, a lot like a dragon fly but nothing wrong with that really. It looks different and alien. Though I don't expect it to be too much of a dog fighter to be honest. Agile as hell though.
Old June 20, 2014, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by implosion222 View Post

I was really excited to see this game at first but all I really see it as so far is a pay to play beta for a game that is unfortunately looks like it will be pay to win. I really hope I'm wrong about it but as much as I am looking forward to it, I just can't justify spending money on it. It just looks like the more you spend the better the ships you get, the higher the number of ships, etc. I'm worried that whenever it is finally a completed game it will be out of reach for someone who doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on it.

And that is really disappointing because it looks like it could be really good.

Old June 20, 2014, 07:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yah what's up with those prices. Damn.

Do you lose the ship for good if you lose it in-game?
Old June 21, 2014, 12:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

No, you don't lose the ship if it explodes. There is insurance which replaces the ship.

Can we not go down the entire p2w bs please. Right now they are funding the game by selling digital ships and its working really well for them. Do you need to drop hundreds of dollars on this game to do well in it. No. The best dogfighter currently is the 300 series and that is about 60. And once the PU hits youll be able to buy everything with ingame credits and pledging for ships will go away. And even if you bought the $1000 you arent even able to fly it solo.
Old June 21, 2014, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Oh, so it's just a pledge run and everything will be available with in-game credits later on. That's legit then. Excuse our ignorance.
Old June 21, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Oh, so it's just a pledge run and everything will be available with in-game credits later on. That's legit then. Excuse our ignorance.
Eh, sorry, its an old topic that's a bit sore stil it seems. Sorry if I came across as harsh. People tend to just see ships selling for hundreds and think that those ships are the be all and end all, reality is that there are already better ships in the lore that wont be for sale.
Old June 21, 2014, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Eh, sorry, its an old topic that's a bit sore stil it seems. Sorry if I came across as harsh. People tend to just see ships selling for hundreds and think that those ships are the be all and end all, reality is that there are already better ships in the lore that wont be for sale.
Just to clarify my position, I am worried about it being that way, not saying it will be for sure. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way as it would be a quick way to ruin it. That said it does still appear that anyone spending the hundreds right now as "pledges" will have a huge advantage whenever the game is actually released.

Look, I hope I am wrong about it, but any time I see people paying large amounts of real world money for in-game assets it worries me. Hopefully I am wrong, as I really want this game to succeed.

Old June 21, 2014, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Just to clarify my position, I am worried about it being that way, not saying it will be for sure. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way as it would be a quick way to ruin it. That said it does still appear that anyone spending the hundreds right now as "pledges" will have a huge advantage whenever the game is actually released.

Look, I hope I am wrong about it, but any time I see people paying large amounts of real world money for in-game assets it worries me. Hopefully I am wrong, as I really want this game to succeed.
If you're worried about when the PU launches, don't be. The number of credits you will be able to buy will be limited per month/something and nothing exclusively to $.

There are also 2 other factors. The first being that there is no "win" to this game. There is no over arching objective, there is no carrot on the end of a stick, its completely up to you what success is. The question is not is it pay to win but is it fun to play, and even at this stage I'm having lots of fun with it.

Secondly its already feeling heavily skill based regardless what ship your in. No levels, no stats, just you flying the ship.

Will owning certain ships now give you an advantage at launch, sure but not for long I think.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:40 AM
MVP

From what I understand you'll be limited to a certain amount of money per month so there won't be the economy tycoons that you see in games like WoW Gw2 or D3. With that in mind it makes me wonder how you'll be able to get enough capital to buy those bigger ships like the Idris.
Dell U3011 + Yamakasi Sparta 301
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Tags