Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2014, 01:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default KOTOR Corrupt saves

Up until I got to the sewers the game saved fine. But it now seems to randomly. more often than not crash as I save with the error message:

Any ideas what is causing this?
Old March 2, 2014, 08:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you used a save editor at all?
Old March 2, 2014, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

ATi install driver ? use the correct iso image for game
Old March 2, 2014, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No, I haven't used any editor. Bone stock version from Steam. Using a GTX 295. Thought disabling SLi might do the trick since it's such an old game. doesn't seem to help.
Old March 2, 2014, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My guess would be an incompatible graphics setting.....
Old March 2, 2014, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It is a very simple game graphics wise. I could save anywhere in the city. Just not the sewers. The auto save worked fine, but when I try to manually save, the file doesn't actually save the game but the reference to the save is there. Makes no sense. Unless the newer driver no longer has proper legacy OpenGL support?
Old March 2, 2014, 12:04 PM
Top Prospect

Have you added or changed this in the SWKOTOR ini put under graphic options

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Did you go to a save before starting the sewer section and see if the problem repeats? Were you tabbing into windows doing other stuff while playing at the time? It could just be a corrupt save as you say
Old March 2, 2014, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No, just bone stock steam install. Haven't tried any tweaks yet. But I will try disabling the vertex buffer. Thanks.

Edit: Just tried it and it saved fine. Really confused about it. Thought I would try using past names to see if it was getting confused, but I was able to save it fine no matter what I named it. Really odd.

Edit#2: Disable vertex=1 was already in place in the ini. Must have been updated from Steam themselves. I think disabling SLi has helped. Also, I have read it's better to disable the eye candy in game and just use nvidia's control panel. So, I'll play with that later. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; March 2, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old March 2, 2014, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

it's something with the NVIDIA driver/hardware, They apparently did a major rewrite and it broke a few games. You will probably need the fix for KOTOR 2 as well if you decide to play it.

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge Mod Download, Knights of the Old Republic 2 Mods If you like mods this adds over 5 hours of content and has decent voice work (Great for a fan mod) I think it only effects the last 3rd of the game so you might be able to install it still.

If you decide to play 2 you pretty much have to install the restored content mod as it fixes and enhances so much of the game.

Downloads - The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) Mod for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - Mod DB
Old March 2, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
No, just bone stock steam install. Haven't tried any tweaks yet. But I will try disabling the vertex buffer. Thanks.

Edit: Just tried it and it saved fine. Really confused about it. Thought I would try using past names to see if it was getting confused, but I was able to save it fine no matter what I named it. Really odd.

Edit#2: Disable vertex=1 was already in place in the ini. Must have been updated from Steam themselves. I think disabling SLi has helped. Also, I have read it's better to disable the eye candy in game and just use nvidia's control panel. So, I'll play with that later. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.
C:\Users\YOURs\AppData\game
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\game

edit the game install.ini with current drivers.exe physx Version:9.13.1220 Release Date:2014.01.27

to regain eye candy