Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2014, 06:49 AM
Top Prospect

Default World of Warcraft

Hello HWC,

With WOD pending this year and how good it looks I have been thinking about coming back to wow just on a casual basis. I was just wondering if anybody here still plays and what it is currently like? I haven't played since late 2011.

If you are playing what server do you play on? Are you horde or alliance?

I use to main a Disc/Holy Priest on Area 52 - Horde.

Thanks
GG
Old February 25, 2014, 07:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, never going back. Especially if the talent trees continue on with not really being talent trees at all, and the massive tailoring to casual basis. I've heard some guys at work brag about getting epics/good gear from just simple stuff now.
Old February 25, 2014, 08:02 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yea its been like that since Wrath now. I stuck with it through Wrath and part of Cataclysm then got too frustrated. Don't plan to go back although the temptation sometimes hits.
Old February 25, 2014, 08:17 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
Yea its been like that since Wrath now. I stuck with it through Wrath and part of Cataclysm then got too frustrated. Don't plan to go back although the temptation sometimes hits.
I hear ya. A friend at work is playing so now the temptation is there. I am strongly thinking about it
Old February 25, 2014, 03:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I went back and it's a joke compared to what it used to be. It took me 3 days to get full epic pvp gear. I'll probably go back and play it when the xpac comes out. Either on darkspear alliance, hore, or zuluhed horde.
Old February 25, 2014, 06:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm going to be that guy but WoW was always a horrible joke to me, went from RTS with good story, characters and fun to this grind feasted unpleasant, boring hack and slash in the most loss term of a feast. I tried, I really tried but it didn't feel like a Warcraft game and sadly when people will think of Warcraft they'll think of WoW
Old February 25, 2014, 07:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I play on Deathwing 11 alts all 90 ilvl from 496-550 main doesn't Exist for me anymore dont raid in guilds as work schedule wont work with the regular 9-5ers so I use open raid if I feel like doing anything. Atm epics are a mere RNG thing now. One week ill gear a toon from 490 to 525 others been 6 months not single peice.
Old February 25, 2014, 07:26 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
I play on Deathwing 11 alts all 90 ilvl from 496-550 main doesn't Exist for me anymore dont raid in guilds as work schedule wont work with the regular 9-5ers so I use open raid if I feel like doing anything. Atm epics are a mere RNG thing now. One week ill gear a toon from 490 to 525 others been 6 months not single peice.

still sounds about the same as it was when i left lol
Old February 25, 2014, 10:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
I'm going to be that guy but WoW was always a horrible joke to me, went from RTS with good story, characters and fun to this grind feasted unpleasant, boring hack and slash in the most loss term of a feast. I tried, I really tried but it didn't feel like a Warcraft game and sadly when people will think of Warcraft they'll think of WoW
WoW Vanilla was fun as hell. It's been extremely depressing ever since. Haven't played for 4 years.

Thank god..
Old February 25, 2014, 10:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah I remember hitting 60 on all my toons back in day one was from questing. Got tired of it after awhile so I ran around and uncovered most of map and dinged. My Warr hit 60 in a strath Holm run. Closet thing to vanilla was doing herioc raids while was current content.

In last 4 yrs you haventq missed much. Cept level of difficulty been sliding since about wrath its been open season for all the bads from hello kitty adventure island to come muddy up tje game. I preyed cata would clear bads out no such luck.

With Wod and proving Ground required for Heroic dungeons. It will be a block till Blizzard sees 6 million ppl quit because baddys cant leech of other party members. Then a hot/stealh fix will come and make proving grounds a Novelty again. /end rant

Last edited by Shadowarez; February 25, 2014 at 11:05 PM.