Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15, 2014, 08:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Titanfall experience so far

So I got to play the Titanfall beta today and I'll be honest, I wasn't expect a beefy system to run the game but holy balls do you need a big system if you want to play this game. You require at least 3 GB of VRAM in order to use the "Insane" textures, and the audio is pretty demanding as well (There's 8 GB Worth of audio things in the game! lol) With my i5-750 and GeForce 670 GTX the game stutters at 1080p with High textures, 2x MSAA and 8x Antiscoptical textures.

Sadly though I cannot upgrade for a few years because the money I earn vs the debt I get each month isn't good enough for me to get any PC parts upgrade. So I guess I'll be playing Titanfall without the highest settings :( such is a student life I guess.

As for the game itself, it's pretty fun the training is very long though (13 different parts if I remember correctly) but after that it's all fun and games, and yes it's important for you to dodge and hide any enemy titan if you're a little pilot :P I learned that the hard way haha.
Old February 15, 2014, 11:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've only played so far while streaming via Twitch via Origin, but I had everything on max settings (insane textures, 16x AA, etc) at 1440p and it was seemingly playable. There was some stuttering here and there but I think that might have been due to the streaming. I'll have to play some more and see.

I must say, it feels very COD-like (makes sense since its the same developers) and the pace of the game is insanely fast. Coming from Battlefield, it's like 10x faster and everything feels so "fake". Not that BF is true-to-life by any means, but at least it has some physics and weapon characteristics.

I'm not sure how much I'll play it in the end, but I'll keep my pre-order. Maybe they'll adjust things once it launches to make it more balanced. Right now, that smart-pistol shouldn't be allowed online at all IMO. That feels very console-ish to have an auto-aiming weapon with lock-on. Sure, you need to be close to the people and wait about 1s, but regardless, once it has lock it's instant kill.
Old February 15, 2014, 02:54 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I've only played so far while streaming via Twitch via Origin, but I had everything on max settings (insane textures, 16x AA, etc) at 1440p and it was seemingly playable. There was some stuttering here and there but I think that might have been due to the streaming. I'll have to play some more and see.

I must say, it feels very COD-like (makes sense since its the same developers) and the pace of the game is insanely fast. Coming from Battlefield, it's like 10x faster and everything feels so "fake". Not that BF is true-to-life by any means, but at least it has some physics and weapon characteristics.

I'm not sure how much I'll play it in the end, but I'll keep my pre-order. Maybe they'll adjust things once it launches to make it more balanced. Right now, that smart-pistol shouldn't be allowed online at all IMO. That feels very console-ish to have an auto-aiming weapon with lock-on. Sure, you need to be close to the people and wait about 1s, but regardless, once it has lock it's instant kill.
You stream on Twitch?
Old February 15, 2014, 08:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyGeek View Post
You stream on Twitch?
Only this one time, I was....playing during the day....and the guys at work wanted to see it.
Old February 15, 2014, 08:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

After 4 rounds of play, it's very frantic. The pace of play is way faster than I was expecting. I'll play some more tomorrow, and wait for launch issues to see if I'll buy it.
Old February 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Got my beta code for the Xbox One tonight I'll give it a whirl tomorrow, but I've been reading a lot of positive feedback about the game so I am looking forward to it. I preordered it during e3 last year for relatively cheap so either way I'm getting it.

Looks like I got a code for PC as well so I can try both platforms out.

Last edited by Eluder; February 16, 2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old February 16, 2014, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think i would like it, it is definitely different that all the other shooters on the market which is nice however with vsync on my input lag is so bad it literally takes half a second to move and I don't know what is going on. With vsync off the screen tearing is so horrible it is hard to see what I am looking at through my crosshairs. Game performance is killing it for me so far so hopefully they can iron that out.
Old February 16, 2014, 07:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wasn't really interested when I first heard of this game. After playing the beta I think I'll be buying it. I went through 14 levels last night, the highest you can go in the beta. They seem to have gotten the balance right with having the titans strong but having ground units still able take them out with a bit of effort. I'm wondering if there will be a hardcore style of gameplay in this game, seems like it could be fun having the titans take more damage from each other. Right now I find myself able to handle some 2v1 situations with a bit of frantic button mashing.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I actually like it. I really thought it wouldn't be that great. But it surprised me I must admit. It is a fast pace game. The graphics aren't bad. And the game is well balanced for a beta. I may have to get this game. Hop hackers dont ruin this one!!!
Old February 16, 2014, 12:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
They seem to have gotten the balance right with having the titans strong but having ground units still able take them out with a bit of effort.
Haven't played it. But I am wondering about the balance. Would you compare it to tanks vs. foot soldiers with RPG's?