Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2014, 08:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Put in a little time with the PC version earlier today and I have to say, it's quite a blast. The pace is pretty frantic, but it's fun and though I suck at it, it's not frustrating because of any major imbalance.
I think I just need more time with the game, but I could see myself putting in a fair amount of hours, especially if I can get a few friends to join in and get the game.
Old February 16, 2014, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Haven't played it. But I am wondering about the balance. Would you compare it to tanks vs. foot soldiers with RPG's?
Yes and no. Because of how differently you can load out your titan, it's can be heavily in favour of either side. I like to use the quad missiles, which are absolutely useless against people with rocket launchers on top of buildings. If I use the gatling gun instead, I can snipe those people decently easy.

I find in the more wide open maps, titans have the advantage as a pilot won't have as much cover. The smaller maps can be an absolute bitch with getting locked on from 3 rooftops at a time. One person shooting rockets at you won't do much as your shields will probably regenerate before they get another shot. Add another pilot or a titan to the mix, and that single rocket will ruin you as it'll stop your shields from regenerating.

The other side of things is jumping on a titan and shooting it. You bypass the shields, but you're a sitting duck on the back if it while you are doing it. You can totally destroy a titan like that single handedly but the pilot would have to be an absolute derp to not notice. I like to do that in the middle of titan fights though, as they're usually too busy to hop out and shoot you.

In my first 21 games, I was MVP 9 of them. I seem to be doing pretty well
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 18, 2014, 09:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's interesting, feels dated but in a good sense, like the classic gameplay comeback that was long overdue, the 'entering the titan' animation is a bit disorienting with some black screen time, especially if you do it over and over. A modern game needs some kind of environment interaction, not saying the buildings should go down, but some type of terrain deformity and sheets of metal flying off, considering the amount of firepower used, probably a limitation of Source engine. The concept art in this game is phenomenal!
Old February 18, 2014, 10:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Maybe they will update it with the Source 2.0 engine? Though, I don't know if the entire game would have to be re-written.
Old February 18, 2014, 10:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Maybe they will update it with the Source 2.0 engine? Though, I don't know if the entire game would have to be re-written.
They would probably try to cash in on Titanfall 2 and ride on massive Source 2.0 campaign.
Old February 19, 2014, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Francis LOVES Titanfall - YouTube
Old February 22, 2014, 05:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

With a bit more variety/unlocks/levels ect, it could be a fun game, more along the lines of CSS, I tend to think of Office specifically. Mobility is key and games will be won and lost by knowing how to run on walls effectively.

As it stands you gain levels either too quickly or there are not enough of them, one of the 2.

Honestly I'm not greatin Titans and more often than not resorted to using gaurd and follow modes, which worked decently, not amazing but enough to be a decent distraction. I was much more effective sprinting around.

As for having AI and limiting the number of real people.... it unnecessary and a distraction. Limiting the titans I can understand, and having game modes exclusively of 8v8 titans. The game doesn't necessarily suffer for the limitation of players BUT having more people in modes like capture the point, my prefered mode of the 3, would be interesting.
Old February 22, 2014, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

The graphics look dated, I fired it up and did most of the tutorial... that's it.

Old February 22, 2014, 10:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The tutorial does not show off the games graphics, I felt the same when I tried the tutorial, the game looks better than that.
But regardless if the graphics aren't superb, the game is a blast, better than many shooters out there today.
Old February 23, 2014, 01:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

Honestly, graphics are important but as long as they are half decent I'm satisified. Yes better graphics = good, but they are at least 3rd on my list if not lower. Graphics are icing on the cake rather than the cake itself, poor graphics can pull a game down but as long as its half decent and allows the cake itself to shine......

The bit of the game I liked the least was actually the auto pistol......