Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2014, 10:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default How's your backlog?

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting much in the game sale PSA thread. I've been trying not to impulsively buy games when they are on sale because I realized that the backlog of games I'd purchased and not played or not completed had grown pretty large. I just finished spellcasting my way through Dragon's Age 2 last night. The story was pretty good, the repetitive dungeons got a bit wearing, but all in all I'm glad I finally started it over and finished it 2 years later.

So here I am sitting looking at my Steam catalog of 169 games trying to pick what to play next. I normally have one singleplayer game and one multiplayer game under way at a time. BF4 is my current multiplayer time waster, but I've got an embarrassingly long list of stuff I've started and not finished up, be it because I got bored or something else released.

Batman Arkham Origins
Company of Heroes 2
Darksiders
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored
Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas
Saint's Row the Third
Spec Ops: The Line
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Anyone else have a long backlog list? Right now I'm downloading Darksiders again, a simple button masher seems to be called for after losing half my family and killing a couple of ex-friends during the course of DA2. Although I might fire up Space Marine and try that again. Maybe I should replay the Mass Effect series from the beginning, although that would take a couple months at an hour a day.

What would you play?
Old February 7, 2014, 11:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Dark siders 2 prototype 2 and dues X human revolution and id clear fallout in new dlc or diff ways.
Old February 8, 2014, 06:25 AM
Top Prospect

At an hour a day I'd say either Darksiders or Batman. That'd be my picks though; I like to spend a few hours at a go when I get into an RPG/immersive FPS like Thief/Bioshock. Don't feel bad about your backlog, it's somewhat smaller than mine and I have no regrets, I buy games that I like the sound of and get around to playing when I have time. Almost all the recent AAA titles have been shoved into the backlog because I've mothballed my gaming PC until I get the office area finished, so my laptop gets to play the indies (not really missing the AAA experience much either, the QTE events and polish are shiny features, but I find that the gameplay on indies is at least up to snuff, and often goes above and beyond.)
Old February 8, 2014, 12:20 PM
Top Prospect

My catalog in steam is 110 or so and I might have played 30-40 of the games Then I have a gog account with a worse ratio, Re buying favourites that I have yet to replay and probably will never find the time.

Thats it, I am blocking all emails from steam, gog and the humble store.

As for what to play I would go with dishonored or deus x. The stories are interesting and the customization you can do to your character means you should be able to build someone that plays to your style.

25% of the fun is Skyrim and New Vegas is the mods. I spent 2-3 hours installing and customizing Fallout to get the look and feel I wanted before I even started playing. That said I can't imagine doing a 1 hour session of fallout. Actually pick that I want to see someone do that.
Old February 8, 2014, 01:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just finished Dragon Age II last week. Wanted a save ready for Inquisition. I'll have to do another Witcher 2 round soon as well. I finally did New Vegas siwth mods this summer.

My steam catalog hit 300 games, my GOG account has about 25 and I've got about another 2 dozen Wii, Wii U and PS3 games I've not even started yet (or am barely into; Xenosaga, Last Story).

And I just set up Hyperspin on my PC as a practice setup for a mitx build I'll be starting soon.

So my backlog should carry me across this whole next console gen. Bah didn't need a PS4 anyway...
Old February 8, 2014, 02:43 PM
Rookie

My backlog is endless. But I'm currently working on Hitman, Max Payne 3, and bioshock infinite.
Old February 8, 2014, 04:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have too many to list, at least getting through some games that were on my steam account but never played before, like Saints Row 2 (beat it, now onto SR3)
Old February 8, 2014, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ugh. I dont play games nearly as much as I'd like to anymore. I've got Bioshock:Infinite, Metro:LL, one of the Batmans, Divinity2 (which WAS seeing play recently), and a couple other odds and sods (like BL2 DLC's still waiting to get shot).

Most of my free time is tied up between MTG (Playing and judging), hobby brewing beers, reading, and watching streams. Thats actually probably most -> least priority order too. I'm not sure I'm willing to cut out the low priority items to play video games anymore. Fk. Getting old and having less free time sucks.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 8, 2014, 05:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
I just finished Dragon Age II last week. Wanted a save ready for Inquisition. I'll have to do another Witcher 2 round soon as well. I finally did New Vegas siwth mods this summer.

My steam catalog hit 300 games, my GOG account has about 25 and I've got about another 2 dozen Wii, Wii U and PS3 games I've not even started yet (or am barely into; Xenosaga, Last Story).

And I just set up Hyperspin on my PC as a practice setup for a mitx build I'll be starting soon.

So my backlog should carry me across this whole next console gen. Bah didn't need a PS4 anyway...

I feel better now
Old February 8, 2014, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd guess I'm at around 8% of the way through my list of just Steam games.

Currently chewing away at Rage, and quite enjoying it....

I usually get about an hour a day...