Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2014, 03:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Resident Evil 4 HD

Being released on Steam. Worth the 20 dollar admission? I'm not sure I want to buy a decade old game for that much especially considering the 2007 PC release was such a disaster. I have a feeling they are just going for the money. After all it took them almost seven years to "care".

Looked at the video and the textures are better, but it really doesn't take much over the original imo. I have the original PS2 version. But never bothered finishing it because I don't like using controllers for shooters.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old January 26, 2014, 08:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just pre-ordered it as I absolutely loved this game on the Gamecube. Slowly working my way backwards on getting the whole Resident Evil franchise.
Old January 26, 2014, 01:43 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

When you know you can't make a sequel as good as the original.....release an "HD" version.

Goldeneye HD
Resident Evil 4 HD
Homeworld HD

And so on....
Old January 26, 2014, 03:59 PM
Top Prospect

that said it will probably be a good version as this is probably the trial run before putting them on the PS4/Xbone. The only way I would get it is if I saw it in a humble bundle or saw it for 75% off and odds are I would still never play it.
Old January 26, 2014, 04:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Being released on Steam. Worth the 20 dollar admission? I'm not sure I want to buy a decade old game for that much especially considering the 2007 PC release was such a disaster. I have a feeling they are just going for the money. After all it took them almost seven years to "care".

Looked at the video and the textures are better, but it really doesn't take much over the original imo. I have the original PS2 version. But never bothered finishing it because I don't like using controllers for shooters.

What are your thoughts on this?
I'd suggest waiting and catch it on a steam sale It's a great game (at least the Gamecube and Wii versions were). If you have a Wii, it's worth grabbing it for that if the PC port turns out to be a real hack. I found it to be the best of the RE series to me. I don't think it's worth $20 at the moment though.
Old January 27, 2014, 05:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the advice guys! Homeworld is being re-released? I already own HW1&2. But Worth the re release imo.
Old February 8, 2014, 02:35 PM
Rookie

I want this but can't justify $20 to play a game I owned and played through half a dozen times. Will wait for $5.