Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
Allstar

Default PS3 Users Experience GTA 4 Online Woes

Reports surfaced earlier today saying that PS3 owners were not able to join online matches. Since I own a 60GB launch PS3, I had a friend bring his PS3 copy by and try it out. We had little luck connecting to any game type today. My Xbox 360 copy isn’t here yet but it supposedly has no multiplayer connectivity issues. How about the rest of you PS3 owners? How’s your luck with getting online with GTA IV?

Following reports from many readers that PS3 multiplayer access was sporadic, Shacknews attempted to play online and was presented with an error message that read "Cannot connect to game provider."

Comments

More...
Old May 4, 2008, 11:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

For about 24 hours I could not even get GTA4 to load my gamesaves while connected to the internet. I had to manually disconnect from the internet to get into the game at all. Seems fixed now, hope it stays that way.
Old May 5, 2008, 07:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have a launch 60GB PS3, the first day it arrived the game kept freezing usually during the intro video sometimes a little later on. Kept having to delete my save files and game data. The next day for some reason unknown to me it hasn't given me any problems. Haven't tried it online yet.