Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
I don't have a steam account and don't game much but I wanted to buy games as gifts ... Tomb Raider promo on now for 13.99 and give the games away to different people.

Do I just buy the collection, not dl them and then "give" them game by game?
There are 11 games, I assume I can give them one by one and not need to give the whole collection ...

when you are gifting a game you never download it to your computer. You specify when you purchase the game if it is for you or a gift for someone else. Then it will ask you for the recipients email address and steam will give them instructions on how to install the game.

Once you purchase the game for yourself it's yours to keep and cannot be given away. You cannot trade the game either unless it is a valve game.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.