Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seems alright so far.....does anyone know if there is a Frame Rate Cap on this game...as in 62 FPS ? I've tried Google to find out but got nowhere.

The reason I ask is doesnt matter whether I run all Max Settings with FXAA vs TXAA X4 or MSAA x8, always get a Max FPS of 62....yes VS is off both in game and forced off in nvcp....something seems odd, Frame Rate Cap would explain it..

Last edited by rjbarker; November 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old November 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually... it's not that bad...The ingame vsync was just destroying my FPS in some areas ,disabled it and got like +15-20 FPS --' Even if i didn't have a 30 FPS cap like some people,i have a cap but it's 62 FPS
Old November 21, 2013, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ So anyone figure out how to get rid of the 62 FPS Cap? I have done this before in the game registry, but not sure with this one. I dont need more Frames at all, but like to see how the system compares when using Max Settings + FXAA vs Max Settings + TXAA x 4 etc..

EDIT: Okay so under "Users/My Documents/Assassins Creed I found the .cfg Config File (open with Notepad)...
There is no setting for Framerates, only "Refresh Rate=60" and "Displayable refreshrate Rate=60" .....I wonder if changing to "60" to a higher number within "Displayeable Refresh Rate=200" would do the trick?

Last edited by rjbarker; November 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old November 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't know... but i noticed something that i absolutely HATE, when you are at 48 FPS for example, the game will lock the framerate at 40 for a few secs with vsync enabled, that's why their vsync destroys the FPS, they have a sort of console-ish smoother that destroys your framerate....

So yeah... also the same problem with nvidia vsync... I guess the game detects any kind of vsync or something,idk but anyway, i'll play it with no vsync at all, minimal tearing because of 120hz so it's ok but i don't know what the heck is going on with this game...

Ok i tried with D3Doverrider and it works perfect, i have my extra 15 FPS and no tearing whatsoever, pretty nice!

and no,i have the refresh rate set to 120 in this config file and still locked a 62 FPS^^

Last edited by bliz; November 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old November 21, 2013, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Huh...perhaps there is no way to go above 62 FPS ever ?!
I get smooth gameplay using nvcp Adaptive VS and Triple Buffering...no tearing and smooth, but always locked at 62 FPS....

Old November 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

When you use adaptive vsync do you also enable vsync in-game or leave it off? Can't seem to get it to work.

Old November 21, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Leave Vertical Synch "in game" off....nvcp setting should over ride this anyways...for me best gameplay is all Max 2560 x 1440p TXAA X4 .....in nvcp Adaptive VS and Triple Buffering.....but any setting is locked at Max 62 FPS.....huh...ported console....graphics are "okay" but not "stunning" imho...

Old November 21, 2013, 01:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you good sir!

Old November 22, 2013, 08:29 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I was getting crashes until I turned AA down from 4xmsaa to 2x. No more crashing. This is the single player hit of the season. I am so loving it. ARRRRRRRR!
Old November 22, 2013, 10:47 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I was getting crashes until I turned AA down from 4xmsaa to 2x. No more crashing. This is the single player hit of the season. I am so loving it. ARRRRRRRR!
I have always loved this series...and this game is going to beat ac brotherhood for my #1 spot..i spend HOURS and HOURS just doing the side missions and collecting stuff...its a very large game....something i will give HUGE...IRON-E to ...In the first assassins creed, if you fell into water you died.......now look at us...

Cheers all, Hope everyone enjoys it.