Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2013, 09:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow i really regret saying anything. I have a trifire rig that is prone to issues and thus I come to HWC forum for help. HWC has helped me tremendously with my trifire rig, and it actually was running without issue for a very long time. This trolling because I accidentally posted in all caps, as caps is my vent bind, is really unlike this forum.

Thanks to those who had serious and replies, and to the trolls, don't you have anything better to do? I'm just a guy with an exotic rig looking for help from people with knowledge and experience that you two obviously don't have. Telling me to google it or not run crossfire is just a waste of my time and yours.

Back to the issue at hand, it's really weird, I get the best frame rate when I run it in ultra mode. Lowering detail settings is actually causing the rubber banding and stuttering to worsen. The radeon pro cfx utilization bar isn't working, and reinstalling radeon pro isn't fixing it. Does anyone know of another good cfx utilization monitor? This issue is really weird because it's like one or two of my cards is switching to low power mode on the fly.
Old October 29, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

sounds like a buggy game to me man and I know bf3 had no problems running systems in CF... You're probably gonna have to ride out the storm and wait for patches.
Have you tried other games to ensure it's not a hardware issue? Trouble shooting 101 bud.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old October 30, 2013, 06:33 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Any more trolling will be dealt with by the mods. This is one of the most helpful forums around people, don't mess it up.

As for the issue, stuttering in BF4 is commonplace right now on multi card solutions. :(
Old October 30, 2013, 07:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thread cleaned. I cannot believe long standing members would suddenly resort to such tactics in posting. Accidents happen, I had all Caps a few times when posting from my Samsung that I could only correct when I logged in via a PC.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 30, 2013, 07:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Red face

Arinoth -
Quote:
You are aware that the Mantle patch is not coming out until December anyways?
Yes, of course. That is why I wrote:

Quote:
I did not expect anything else with Mantle, when it come to play...
Emphasis added.

On sidenote - maybe they should postpone the Mantle, because if the number of issues are rather high ATM (at lest for the multi GPUs machines, I did not hear single card users complaining?), then adding another bunch of Mantle-related problems could be near disasterous
As much as I wish to see, what Mantle can and cannot do, when it will just add troubles, then it is probably better wait for more polished version
Old October 30, 2013, 09:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

First off thank you to the moderators, you guys work hard to keep this a great environment.

As to troubleshooting my rig; all of my other games work great with this driver. No issues with heat or instability with the video cards as they will bitcoin mine for days at a time without error. Good advice though, I don't know how many times I have trouble shooted something to flick a switch or re-seat a plug and then everything magically works.

It could be something as stupid as the second and third card going into low power mode when you alt tab. Crossfire only works in full screen mode, and when I put it in windowed mode I get the same stutter, and the exact same frame rate.

The frame rate seems to be higher than the beta drivers if I don't alt tab during the game at all. As soon as I do something that kicks me out of fullscreen mode, even for a moment, that's when the stuttering comes (and doesn't go away).

This is really disappointing but not unexpected. The beta ran well, but without RP working I can't tell how many cards are being used except from a temperature log, and since it was playable on ultra without msaa enabled, I just played :)

If anyone else has similar trifire issues send me a pm, or post here and maybe we can put our heads together and figure out the cause of this. I don't like giving up and waiting for patches because I have had issues like this in other games, and with HWC help they all run perfectly now on my trifire rig :)
Old October 30, 2013, 10:06 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

The 13.11 beta 7 drivers blue screened on me when I started up this morning for the first time rebooting after installing them. Stop error 0x00000116. After I restarted I got 640x480 res and a message from Catalyst that no AMD drivers were installed. I restarted again and same thing. Went into control panel and both my cards were listed as disabled. Enabling them and restarting did nothing. I uninstalled them and restarted and all is working without catalyst installed. It even reloaded the 13.11 drivers. These drivers fixed my BF4 issues but they are rushed junk me thinks.
Old October 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
The 13.11 beta 7 drivers blue screened on me when I started up this morning for the first time rebooting after installing them. Stop error 0x00000116. After I restarted I got 640x480 res and a message from Catalyst that no AMD drivers were installed. I restarted again and same thing. Went into control panel and both my cards were listed as disabled. Enabling them and restarting did nothing. I uninstalled them and restarted and all is working without catalyst installed. It even reloaded the 13.11 drivers. These drivers fixed my BF4 issues but they are rushed junk me thinks.
That makes the most sense. The type of bugs i'm getting in bf4 seem so illogical that it's probably the drivers. I just don't like to blame the drivers first with my trifire rig because I have been able to "fix" games like diablo 3 and skyrim just by tweaking options in radeon pro (which I only got because of HWC help).

So the sad truth is that these video cards have to go. They're 6xxx series so that means no GCN as far as I know, so no mantle. My butterfly labs miners should get here soon and I have already sold off my persistent mining rig with my other 6950. Gonna try and sell them to friends first, if not i'll post in the forum.

Thanks a lot to all the responses, I think we isolated the issue.
Old October 30, 2013, 11:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Well I got a single GPU and on my end it's also buggy while it's no Frame skip problem it's a refresh rate problem, whenever I die in a vehicle the screen would flicker like crazy, also they're some matches where the audio just cuts off. But then again this is still only day 2 of BF4 so there's going to be a lot of bugs.

--OFF-TOPIC--
Here's a glitch I found while playing the campaign (shocking I know) on the 5th mission I believe (the one of the USS Valkyrie) right after ****SPOILERS*** Kotic dies ***END SPOILERS*** you're supposed to climb up a ladder, if you climb up at the same time Irish does you get launched off the boat at the speed of sound... I got launched into the ocean and was like 500 meters from the Valkyrie (the map is huge) and of course with no way to climb back up on there so had to do a restart on Checkpoint. It was the most hilarious thing I did on BF4 as of now.
Old October 30, 2013, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
So the sad truth is that these video cards have to go. They're 6xxx series so that means no GCN as far as I know, so no mantle. My butterfly labs miners should get here soon and I have already sold off my persistent mining rig with my other 6950. Gonna try and sell them to friends first, if not i'll post in the forum.
R9 290X R9 290X R9 290X!!!!!!!!!!!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;