Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2013, 04:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Steam and a G13

I'm sure a more game savvy techie would have fixed this in a minute but it frustrated this old man for quite a while trying to get my Logitech G13 to work with my new Steam version of Batman Arkham Asylum (Steam had a bat-sale this weekend got Asylum and City for $12). Loaded it up and then fussed for a long time trying to get the game to recognize I had a G13 controller. Eventually broke down, uninstallled the G13 software and hardware, reloaded and what do ya know it worked. What's up with that. hope I don't need to do that every time I add a new game. (Mind you now that I know that works it really does not take all that long to uninstall and reinstall the software and hardware). I did find many references to Steam and devices not working all that well together. I guess hardware developers need to get more Steam friendly.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig

Last edited by fortkentdad; October 20, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: committed the fatal grammatical error of not closing my parentheses
Old October 20, 2013, 05:13 PM

My System Specs

I don't think Steam or even the games have anything to do with it. To games the G13 should just show up as a keyboard. If I were to guess if you tried a different game it wouldn't have worked either. Probably just an issue w/ the drivers somewhere.