Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2013, 01:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Ps 3 Transfers to Ps4

Anyone hear if this is possible? I'm talking bout the Library of games iv bought on PSN like BF3 and all expacks.

I also have a 2'5 in hdd I bought for ps3 that newegg Sony and Seagate said would fit. It doesn't iv tried lol. Any know space limits on hdd installation on the New ps4.

The hdd in question is a 500Gb Seagate Constalation Drive 64 Mb cache 7200 rpms. Was supposed to be a massive upgrade over default 16 Mb 5100 rpm crap drive ps3 had.
Old October 11, 2013, 06:59 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
Anyone hear if this is possible? I'm talking bout the Library of games iv bought on PSN like BF3 and all expacks. .
From what I've read, PS3 games won't be natively compatible on the PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
I also have a 2'5 in hdd I bought for ps3 that newegg Sony and Seagate said would fit. It doesn't iv tried lol. Any know space limits on hdd installation on the New ps4.

The hdd in question is a 500Gb Seagate Constalation Drive 64 Mb cache 7200 rpms. Was supposed to be a massive upgrade over default 16 Mb 5100 rpm crap drive ps3 had.
Don't know about the PS4 HD limitations but it's supposed to come with 500 GB (user removable).

I just replaced my PS3 80 GB drive with Western Digital 750GB 2.5-Inch 7200 RPM SATA II 16 MB Cache Mobile Hard Drive WD7500BPKT without any problems. ($78.33 at amazon.ca) Wonder if it's the size of the Seagate cache that's a problem?

Did you format the new drive with FAT 32? EDIT: ignore that - you do need FAT 32 when copying from the PS3 to an external USB HD.

Last edited by LaughingCrow; October 11, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old October 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's impossible to get PS3 to PS4 since PS3 uses a Cell processor while the PS4 used a x86 processor, they're incompatible but Gaikai is apparently trying to stream PS games to the PS4.
Old October 11, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Some companies might make ports otherwise it is impossible.
Old October 11, 2013, 07:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The drive is about 2x as thick as one in ps3 I tried modding it.

Basically I cut a square big enough around the hdd connecter but the ps3 didn't have power to power up the drive. So scratch that ps3 off get a new one.

I hope the dimensions are roomy enough for this had or the ps4 later on supports trim through firmware.