Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2013, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect

Default Shadow Warrior

Saw the game for pre-order on steam. From the makers of Serious Sam/Hard Reset and produced by the guys of Hotline Miami. Save 15% on Shadow Warrior on Steam

Looks pretty cool too, not a game id buy myself but i can definitely see the appeal as to why someone would play it.

Thoughts?

(a 10% coupon appeared in my Inventory this morning, willing to give it to a contributing member assuming he/she is sincerely interested in picking up the game - *edit: coupon expires the the 26th on release day)
Old September 9, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericllama View Post
Saw the game for pre-order on steam. From the makers of Serious Sam/Hard Reset and produced by the guys of Hotline Miami. Save 15% on Shadow Warrior on Steam

Looks pretty cool too, not a game id buy myself but i can definitely see the appeal as to why someone would play it.

Thoughts?

(a 10% coupon appeared in my Inventory this morning, willing to give it to a contributing member assuming he/she is sincerely interested in picking up the game - *edit: coupon expires the the 26th on release day)
You do know how old Shadow Warrior is right? It came out back in 96 or 97 if I recall. Maybe a bit later. Its a classic game.
Old September 9, 2013, 09:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink

Very old-school. But sometimes this is fun - like the Duke3D engine remake (eDuke32) for Windows and OpenGL

Old September 9, 2013, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

Oh man, had no idea it was a classic. Wonder if the original is abadonware yet(?) give it a test play hahaha
Old September 10, 2013, 05:11 AM
Allstar

I'll probably get it on sale, anything from HardReset devs should be great.
This vid looks good!
Shadow Warrior - Wangtastic Features - YouTube
Lo Wang Quotes [Shadow Warrior 1997] - YouTube

llama, the original should be free on steam.

Last edited by On2wheels; September 10, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old September 10, 2013, 07:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

oh I'm totally going to buy it. I miss those days, back when almost every new game had something new and awesome to offer. now days I find most games are the same old thing over again. Don't see the big leaps like we used to, and I find it harder to find games that hold my attention long enough for me to play through them.

I still find myself playing eduke32 here and there....or making duke maps lol
Old September 20, 2013, 10:05 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Loved that game. The guns were a lot more fun than Duke Nukem for multiplayer as well. The single player mode was hilarious too, although due to the Build engine, the maps can be confusing, also all the enemies in single player mode were the same 4 characters palette swapped..
Old September 20, 2013, 01:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Talking

On2wheels - the new ShadowWarrior did not look like anything my HW can do make moving

stlouis1 - inovations are mostly lost from gaming. eDuke you say, eh? Make two of us. Recently I tried KMQuake 2 - with additional textures it is bigger (800MB on HDD that Quake 3, lol) ... and allow me to play the tracks ripped from CD to ogm files, so all is cool and set for some old-school carnage At easy it is almost too easy, yet some searching make the game still fun and nice to try sometimes:

...and it did not look as bad - not to mention that in action it looks much better that what is on screenshots

Tags
games , shadow warrior , steam