Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8, 2013, 10:29 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Default Divinity II Developers cut. Get it!

Picked this up for cheap $19.99. Enjoying the hell out of it.
I'd call it a cross between Skyrim And Fable, has some humor in it. It's made with the Skyrim engine, decent enough graphics. You can actually transform into a dragon and armour and skill buff it too. Great for getting around too. You collect body parts from different creatures and take them to a Necromancer and have a Creature made that you can summon, a lot like spore. Story is good too, lots of interesting quests. Skill tree and Armour weapons is great too.
I highly recommend this for RPG peeps.
Old September 8, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Steam has this on sale for five bucks this weekend...The entire series (3 games) for 7.50.

:)
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 8, 2013, 11:17 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Picked this up for cheap $19.99. Enjoying the hell out of it.
I'd call it a cross between Skyrim And Fable, has some humor in it. It's made with the Skyrim engine, decent enough graphics. You can actually transform into a dragon and armour and skill buff it too. Great for getting around too. You collect body parts from different creatures and take them to a Necromancer and have a Creature made that you can summon, a lot like spore. Story is good too, lots of interesting quests. Skill tree and Armour weapons is great too.
I highly recommend this for RPG peeps.
I played through the game a long time ago, but I don't think the game is worth $20. I really wanted to like it, but it has a severe lack of polish, the dragon aspect is a little too limited and combat is just ok. It's certainly not terrible, but it's only as good as say the Gothic games or Two Worlds II IMO.

If they expanded the dragon bit, or made it so you could evolve as a dragon or change types (blue dragon, red dragon, etc) and added a bit more polish I'd have liked it much more.

But for under 10 bucks it's a steal
Old September 8, 2013, 11:21 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm liking it a lot. You also have minions you can send to get ingredients, gems and enchantment items for you. You have to buff them up to or they just come back wounded and you have to pay your alchemist to heal them. You must not have played the developers cut, they have tweaked it a bunch.
Old September 8, 2013, 02:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I did play the revised version (The 'Dragon Knight Chronicles' version. Revised with the expansion, not the original 'Ego Draconis'). There were good parts to the game, I thought the story was decent, but I felt it had a lot of flaws. I can understand why it got a lot of 7 out of 10s on some review sites.

It's certainly not terrible, and for under $10 bucks, it's definitely worth it, but I just found it very lacking. I'd love a sequel of near CDPR quality as it's got some good ideas, but it's just not there yet IMO.
(Hell I'd killl for a proper Breath of Fire sequel, any game where you can turn into a dragon immediately piques my interest).
Old September 8, 2013, 04:02 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I just slogged my way through a sky fortress of level 29-31 enemies, I'm at 27. It was tough and rewarding. I like this game.