Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne View Post
I upgraded for Empire TW knowing there would be issues. There really is no series of games that does battle that well once modded. There has been a huge community to remove cheese (like the Roman ninjas) and replace with historical factions and units. Hopefully there will be a RTR for Rome II.
Shogun II is really good. The best in the series since MTW2 or Rome 1. Did you skip it?
Old November 14, 2013, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Sorry, but the best TW game to date is the original Rome and the Alexander expansion. Unit cohesion, relatively good AI and the epic scope were on point.
Also the best music, the best mods, best general speeches, and no magic abilities.

Oh and what you see on the campaign map will be on the battle map. So that means if you park your army on a mountain on the campaign map it will be on a mountain on the battle map. Ever since Empire they removed that feature. That right there was one of my favorite features.

The one great thing about Rome 2 is that you can control 40 units instead of 20. Also I like the little missions it gives you but wish it had more variety per faction and wished it was more randomized. They really could learn a thing or 2 from Europa Universalis 4.

Every once in awhile I go back to RTW but I just can't get far into conquering the world. This is something that all total wars suffer is when you get large there is nothing that can stop you. Rome 2 is so far the worse at that as even the "hard" factions get easy once you have a province or 2.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 2, 2013, 06:00 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Shogun II is really good. The best in the series since MTW2 or Rome 1. Did you skip it?
Shogun II was really solid, but the variety of faction just isn't there in a single country 'civil war' type scenario. Still played plenty of it, just not nearly the same 'could have learned another language in the same time' amount as Rome.

Rome II was $29 this weekend, but reading Total War forums on the state of the game I decided to pass. Maybe when there are a few more patches, mods and buying the game definitely allows me to play all the factions without having to shell out $8 to play the Greeks.