Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2013, 11:40 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
This game is addicting as shit. I've been playing it non stop since I installed it. I spent $20 on cards already and it's way past my bedtime. Going to be a tired day at work tomorrow.

I'm love playing cards IRL and I love gaming so this is just pure fun for me. I've read it's a dumbed down version of MTG but I really can't say. Regardless I'm having a ton of fun. If I come across another key I will let you know for sure. :)
Haha ya looks hella fun! Cool thanks for keepin me in mind friend.

Thanks everyone else for the info, appreciate the knowledge.

Old September 21, 2013, 12:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just had a sick run in the Arena as Warlock. Went 9-2! Gonna give this deck a try in regular ranked play and possibly tweak it.

So far Warlock is by far my best class. Jumped from Gold to Diamond 2 with the Lock.
Old September 24, 2013, 08:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I just had a sick run in the Arena as Warlock. Went 9-2! Gonna give this deck a try in regular ranked play and possibly tweak it.

So far Warlock is by far my best class. Jumped from Gold to Diamond 2 with the Lock.
Nice man, congrats! Ive been going hard since I got a beta key about 5-6 days ago myself. Also had a 9w Druid arena run this morning, so pretty stoked on it being my first 9w! Had a few 7-3's with mage, and rogue so far also. Deck was ridiculous overall. (2) ancients of war, (3) swipes, (3) druid of the claw, (2) starfall, and (3) starfires haha.

Pm me your battletag if you wanna test some constructed games! Im at Master 1 with my Mage deck atm with about 80% win rate.. If anyone else is interested in some casuals too, let me know.

Old September 25, 2013, 07:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would be if blizzard would be so kind to send me a beta key...
Old September 25, 2013, 03:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I also still haven't got a key ugh :(

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old September 27, 2013, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

New wave of invites coming soon after a hardware upgrade.

Beta players get an overwhelming advantage? - Forums - Hearthstone

Quote:
The wipe in closed beta is very important to us, and marks a pretty big milestone that we hope a lot of you can be excited about.

First off, wipes aren’t super fun. In fact, they are negative fun. We chose to wipe in the closed beta at this point so we can impact as few people as possible. We understand that wiping data in Hearthstone may cause some frustration for people, but we anticipated having to do this since day one. Wiping will allow us to balance classes and carefully monitor that balance with a bigger player pool.

A bigger player pool? What? Well, after the wipe and patch that goes with it, we’ll be on different hardware than we were before. I’ll spare you the boring behind-the-scenes details, but we were limited in the amount of people we could invite to the first part of closed beta just due to these hardware limitations. With this patch and wipe, we’ll be making some serious transitions into hardware that can accommodate a larger pool of players. TLDR: Brace yourselves, the opt-ins are coming.

It’ll be a process—the gates won’t swing wide open right away, since we still need to make sure this hardware can hold up to the punishment we’re about to inflict upon it. However, as we invite more players to the closed beta test, the feeling of “hey, he’s in closed beta now and I’m not so he has a big advantage!” will diminish greatly since those players that have that small amount of play time “benefit” will soon be in the vast minority.
Old October 18, 2013, 04:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hurray finally got into the beta, surprised the entire game is under 2.0GB, at least the initial installer is anyways. Sadly won't be playing this game until probably Sunday though.
Old October 18, 2013, 04:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So I just played through the introductory 5 battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps I'm missing the finer points of tactics here, having never really played any TCG, but unless there is a "tank" card, there really isn't anything stopping you from ignoring the mobs and attack the boss right? Of course, if the enemy has cards that can do big damage, you'd want to take those out?
Old October 18, 2013, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
So I just played through the introductory 5 battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps I'm missing the finer points of tactics here, having never really played any TCG, but unless there is a "tank" card, there really isn't anything stopping you from ignoring the mobs and attack the boss right? Of course, if the enemy has cards that can do big damage, you'd want to take those out?
There are taunt cards which have to be attacked first. You can cast spells however and target other targets.

Anyone that has the game feel free to add me. I'd love to play/practice with some peeps. I just currently play random people that I get matched with.

GrandmasBoy#1636
Old November 9, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Inkeeper's Invitational starting right now.

World of Warcraft - Twitch