Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Shadowrun Returns

Is now available! I'm pretty excited for this. It's a bit too bad that they developed it for Tablets as well, as opposed to pure 'PC' as the graphics, elements and gameplay could be so much more if it wasn't designed with the lowest common denominator holding it back.

That being said I hope it's a success and it launches future, more thorough Shadowrun games. It's a rich setting and I loved the SNES and GEN games (not much of a Pen and Paper RPG guy, but I did read the game book).

Installing it now :D
Old July 28, 2013, 09:33 AM
Rookie

Never played the first Shadowrun. Was there any clear advantage for the PC gamers vs the X360 players when they played against each other?
Old July 28, 2013, 11:38 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanpinko View Post
Never played the first Shadowrun. Was there any clear advantage for the PC gamers vs the X360 players when they played against each other?
That's not the first Shadowrun It was a heavily panned Microsoft game that only was marginally 'shadowrun'. The first games were a SNES and Genesis RPG (not ports, each game was very different than the other). This game plays more along the lines of a Fallout/XCOM game than the 360 FPS.

I'm enjoying so far. It does suffer from a bit of shallowness (tablet-itis) and could definitely expand on the non mission parts. But for $20 I think it's a solid game.
Old July 28, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I played for a few hours this morning. I'm enjoying it so far. Wishing I didn't chose the street samurai but a decker or rigger.
Old July 28, 2013, 02:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I liked the Mage, I didn't actually use a rigger the whole game. I found deckers decent, but there's only a couple levels in the main story that they come in handy. I think I'd try a Samurai or a Elf Decker or Shaman the next time.
Old August 19, 2013, 01:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Just finished it this morning and it was pretty fun and a nice trip back to the 90s. Really enjoyed the music and sound effects that went well with the game.