Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2013, 07:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default 99% Download on Steam sure is annoying

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who experienced this but I've been trying to install Dead Island and Portal 2 this week, everything downloads fine, except at the end... when it reaches 99% it just stops... download is either at 0 Kbps or Suspended. I've looked around through the power of Google, try most of the suggestions but sadly none of them work. I've tried contacting Steam Support but either they're too afraid to contact me because they have no answer or simply ignoring it. (I've contacted them 2 days ago) Usually they respond within 24 hours.

So ya, any one got some suggestions as to why this is happening?
Old July 4, 2013, 07:09 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Download a pirated 'steam' version. DO NOT install the crack. Push the files to your steam account folder. Restart STEAM, it will see it. Check it and then install it.

I too have had the '1% problem' and that has always worked for me. I dont consider do this to be wrong (and am NOT advocating piracy) as I have paid for the game and am not using a cracked version...just obtaining the files via different means. YMMV but thats what works for me when it happens!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 7, 2013, 08:27 AM
MVP

Or if you know someone that has it in your area you could copy / paste to a usb or external hdd from steam folder/steamapps/common. Paste it into your common folder, go to library click install then steam uses info from common folder.

Both ways (Akg method) will get you going.
Old July 7, 2013, 01:49 PM
Allstar

Valve may tell you to exit the client, delete the clientregistry.blob file in the steam root folder, and restart steam. Then if that doesnt help they may suggest deleting all the files except steam.exe {and your folders of course} and restart steam. That sometimes fixes things.
Old July 13, 2013, 01:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ive never gotten that but my issue with downloading games on steam is once you get to the last 5% or so, the download slows all the way down from anywhere between 5kb/s to 100kb/s when it was consistently at 1.3gb/s the whole time. becomes a real pain if a game is greater than 10gb's...

Id say delete clientregistry, should fix the problem. Or maybe change your download server location? maybe that would change something.
Old July 13, 2013, 02:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

The problem magically fixed itself. It wasn't a server problem though since I've tried Montreal and Toronto. Steam support took a week to reply back... Let's just say it took a while for them to fix.