Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2013, 09:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Or they were just running PC versions with modded GUI...
Old June 16, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You might also notice the bracket on the waterpump. The hole positioning screams of an Intel socket. The xbone was supposed to use an AMD CPU was it not?
In the IRC channel this morning I made the joke that an AMD CPU would be too slow and that it would also be too hot for that cabinet.. but there is the sad reality of IvyBridge and Haswell CPUs not having a soldered-on IHS. :(
Old June 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
This is being blown completely out of proportion. It's incidental IMO.
Please, do elaborate. First you say it's blown out of proportion and then you add, "IMO". In other words, you do not have any proof otherwise, but claim that it is "blow completely out of proportion". Did you miss to included the refuting evidence somewhere in there...perhaps your link got deleted. Unless this is a smear/hoax/magical photoshop (and if it is then fine, but where is the link to the source?). However, at this moment the facts are:

1. XBone gaming stations is suppose to be for XBone games and XBone consoles (designed to run on an AMD APU)
2. Visible console controllers, on to off the station cabinet
3. Visible Corsair Case (with a window on top off it ) with an Asus motherboard, an Intel processor and an nVida GPU running Windows 7

Please do provide a link to refute the images/article. Personally, I have no ill will toward MS, but they sure pulled a Ben Johnson on this one.
Old June 17, 2013, 04:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Please, do elaborate. First you say it's blown out of proportion and then you add, "IMO". In other words, you do not have any proof otherwise, but claim that it is "blow completely out of proportion". Did you miss to included the refuting evidence somewhere in there...perhaps your link got deleted. Unless this is a smear/hoax/magical photoshop (and if it is then fine, but where is the link to the source?). However, at this moment the facts are:

1. XBone gaming stations is suppose to be for XBone games and XBone consoles (designed to run on an AMD APU)
2. Visible console controllers, on to off the station cabinet
3. Visible Corsair Case (with a window on top off it ) with an Asus motherboard, an Intel processor and an nVida GPU running Windows 7

Please do provide a link to refute the images/article. Personally, I have no ill will toward MS, but they sure pulled a Ben Johnson on this one.
You do realise that saying something has been blown out of proportion does not mean what is being discussed did not happen. He (maybe she?) is simply stating that in their opinion this is not as big of a deal as many in this thread and elsewhere are making it out to be.
Old June 17, 2013, 04:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

This has been refuted a couple of times already. It was one game and the developers choice to use this setup. They didn't have time to port the game over to the dev kit.
Xbox One Games DID NOT Run On High-End PCs At E3! | Forzacentral
Old June 17, 2013, 05:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hahaha, too bad. We need the drama.
Old June 17, 2013, 09:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Pretty funny

Old June 17, 2013, 10:57 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
This has been refuted a couple of times already. It was one game and the developers choice to use this setup. They didn't have time to port the game over to the dev kit.
Xbox One Games DID NOT Run On High-End PCs At E3! | Forzacentral
Sorry, it is now up to MS to prove this with more than words. There are pictures which show AT LEAST four stations using PCs. I see no other proof that this didn't happen with every station.
Old June 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'll take the developer's responses on twitter over all the rampant fanboyism out on the internet... if we believe everything posted on the web, we'd be in a really really bad place.
Old June 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well there you have it, nothing to do with the console but rather a time strapped developer. No big conspiracy, just a dev who hasn't got the game working on a final console yet. I'm positive this happens with certain games at every E3. You want it early, it may not always be ready!

Tags
e3 2013 , xbox one