Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2013, 05:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Tom Clancy's The Division (Confirmed for PC)

The Division Youtube Gameplay

Edit: Apparently they listened to the 100k+ people who signed the petition, and are now making this for PC also. (Thank you for those who signed this post) Tom Clancy's The Division is coming to PC | News | PC Gamer

Seen this demo'd at E3, and can honestly say I haven't looked forward to playing a game this much in a long time, especially with a bunch of friends. At the bottom I linked the petition, something I can honestly say I have never thought would work, but I'm willing to try, and would appreciate it if others would sign too if you're interested.

The "online open-world action-RPG" enjoyed a very good showing at the Ubisoft press conference on Monday. It's a third person shooter set in a crumbling plague-infested New York city. Squad-based combat against NPCs morphed into a PvP battle towards the end of the video, which raises questions about the size of that online world. Latency still hamstrings precise shooting mechanics on servers above a certain scale. I wonder if games like The Division and Bungie's Destiny will be divided into more manageable 50-100 player servers, a la Day Z.

Tom Clancy's The Division developers Massive are keeping their options open for future expansion beyond the announced Xbone and PS4 versions. They're currently "optimizing the experience for next gen consoles" they say on Twitter, but they're "not ruling out any platforms for the future."

Last edited by Apathetik; August 20, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old June 15, 2013, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well, if the trailer is anything to go by (obviously the script was practiced for a more cinematic feel) that game looks freakin' sick.
Old June 15, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Uhm, isn't this a bit unnecessary, havent they already said that once they finish the console variants they will then work on a PC one. I dont feel the need for a petition at this point.
Old June 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Uhm, isn't this a bit unnecessary, havent they already said that once they finish the console variants they will then work on a PC one. I dont feel the need for a petition at this point.
Quote where you read this, cuz I have not heard that once from anyone. So I don't think its unnecessary at all.

Old June 16, 2013, 01:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

fair enough

Quote:
We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...82013430804481

They have their commitments to the console currently but thats as close as they can possibly come to outright saying its coming to the PC. Its coming, sometimes patience is a virtue. Wait and it will come. This is a knee jerk reaction that is unnecessary.
Old June 16, 2013, 04:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Tom Clancy's still alive? HAWX wasn't great,ghost warrior too,this one tho,looks completly different..
Old June 16, 2013, 09:29 AM
Allstar

This looks refreshing.
Old June 16, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

They basucally own the Clancy name so this actually really has nothing to do with him, they just stuck his name on it. From what I understand.
Old June 16, 2013, 01:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I want this game. Damn it looks awesome!
Old June 17, 2013, 06:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup. Definitely intrigued. I just hope they don't riddle it with DLC's.