Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 12, 2013, 05:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default It's official XBOX ONE is...

...An epic fail before it gets out of the gate. It requires the console to check in every 24 hours via internet. I know that most ppl have no qualms about it. But Military ppl like myself do. If it don't have a internet conection well your screwed playing offline. MS official answer to that is "Buy a XBOX 360" Plus it's a $100 more then the PS4. Nice MS. You won me over/
Old June 12, 2013, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

There is a reason why its being called the "Xbone" :P
Old June 12, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Personally, it's a good fit for me. I have a consistent internet connection, I don't buy used games, and I like Microsoft exclusive games. I doubt I'm going to buy one for a while, but I don't think the PS4 is "instawin" just because of the (still not fully fleshed out) online check-in plan. It's still 6 months off!
Old June 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Aside from the many bad things about the Xbox one and online DRM and other matters, the PS4 will probably win hands down because they are basically letting Indy game developers publish content for "free" where microsoft will still charge the absurd $$$$ to publish, update, dlc, etc on your game.
Old June 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Time will tell. I currently have a 360, but I don't think I would go to a One. It will definitely have its place, but all of the "value added" features that are there to "justify" its extra costs over the PS4 are worth $0 to me...that and the PS4 has a more powerful graphics core. Either way I would NEVER pay launch prices. I will see how things settle out in a year.

Personally I don't mind the always on/internet requirement.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

How long before hackers figure out a way to make an authentication 'server' run on their home network? I give it a few weeks to months at best before this DRM is cracked.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

The xbone is dead for me mainly because of the difference in mentalities between Sony and Microsoft. The "Let them eat cake" vs sony's instructional video on how to share your games. Thats why, being a PC gamer I dont care about used games, they died out years ago for us, but its a nice feather in Sony's cap. Always online is a terrible trend for any game to take if you ask me.

Microsoft went overly complex, made a console that runs 3 OSes where one would have done, they are mandating an internet connection that adds absolutely nothing to games.

And the fact that the PS4 costs 100$ less is just another blow against MS.

As for the exclusive games, a lot are EA which I wouldnt buy anyways, there are alternatives to Forza, . I dont know I didnt see anything during MS's press conference that made me say I WANT THAT, Ubisoft on the other hand....

EDIT: I have one quick question, Why are all voice commands related to Kinect which is primarily a camera?

Last edited by muse108dc; June 12, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old June 12, 2013, 07:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Personally, it's a good fit for me. I have a consistent internet connection, I don't buy used games, and I like Microsoft exclusive games. I doubt I'm going to buy one for a while, but I don't think the PS4 is "instawin" just because of the (still not fully fleshed out) online check-in plan. It's still 6 months off!
I'm with you on this, I ignored all the idiocy out on the web about two policies that really don't affect me in any way and focused on the games.
That is where MS won me over, there are more exclusive titles on Xbox One that interest me than there are on PS4. That however didn't stop me from pre-ordering both consoles, I am a gamer, and want to play all the good games, regardless of platform!
Old June 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I agree, Xbox one will be a FAIL. Sony will sell WAY more consoles.
Old June 12, 2013, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yea the xbox one isnt looking overly impressive game wise. Im not paying much attention to the details with the 2 machines, but the xbox seems to be more media orientated, and is made to replace everything in your home theater where the ps4 seems to be just more about gaming. Maybe thats why its 100$ more who knows. I will be buying the xbox regardless, ive never been a fan of sony for some reason.

I wont buy the xbox for a while though. At heart im a pc gamer, if it was me i would only game on my pc, but my wife doesnt like playing on the pc, doesnt like the controlls lol, so we play alot of coop with each other on our 360. If its just me gaming its on my laptop or desktop. At some point well buy the xbox so we can continue our coop'ing.