Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default E3 2013

Didn't see an E3 thread yet so I'll create one. Discuss new games!
Old June 10, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Only thing of interest to come out of it so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=qb9igaot1mY

Microsoft was disappointing. Summary. xbox one, Halo5, xbox one, $500, exclusives. xbox one, TV shows exclusive for xbox one, exclusives,

EA. We are amazing. TF2 3rd person PvZ edition, PVZ exclusive for iOS, Battlefront coming next year, still ruining Dragon Age, another arcade NFS. Xbox one exclusives. Just continuing to convince me that they are dead to me.

Ubisoft. Wow. Lots of new IP. The epic loot game, The Division an open world coop MMO that looks interesting, sure its 3rd person but still interesting. I dont care about AC at all, its beige and I do not likely yearly releases. A new arcade racer thats different enough to be interesting, WatchDogs still looks very interesting. And most likely the best trailer for a motor cycle game I think I've ever seen. If they pull off some of those games they might actually earn back some of my respect after their DRM and AC debacles. My only complaint is that thanks to consoles and their clumsy controls the 3rd person shooters have damaged FPS significantly.

Also I like the sound of these sudo MMO games. Doing the instancing thing and the blending of Single player and multiplayer games. It has potential I think. The Bungie game, and Star Citizen and now the Racing game and the Division from Ubisoft.

Last edited by muse108dc; June 10, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old June 10, 2013, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So far the best I have seen is from the one game I already knew I wanted, Witcher 3. Damn that is one that I really need to get.

As for others, well Metal Gear 5 looks good also and the Division looked neat. But really I haven't looked that much, will see if anything big gets revealed at Sony's press conference.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:15 PM
F@H

The Witcher 3 Gameplay - YouTube someone want to help me with all my drool?
Old June 10, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sony just won over Xbox. They support used games!!!!!!

And the games don't need to be onine, even periodically!!! Serious win for them. Oh and $399

Well I missed the first part of the press conference but I will say if you want to actually game then I would have to say out of the Xbox One and the PS4, the choice would be hands down PS4.

Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube

Last edited by ipaine; June 10, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old June 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, It wasnt even close. Console wars over guys. Sony beats MS by 100$ and by not using DRM so used games for all. Microsoft's message has been much too confusing in general. So odds that Sony was just waiting for MS to announce their price and then undercut them by 100?

Though I did find it odd that they touted the design of the thing and then brought out a blueray player.....

My only concern with the PS4 is that it sounded like they are launching their version of netflix but it requires the PS4....

And the PS4 is not region locked.

Last edited by muse108dc; June 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old June 11, 2013, 06:07 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I agree. Sony won this round by a country mile. I'm sick and tired of seeing Halo games and MS's insistence of telling the gaming community what they SHOULD want rather than listening to what they REALLY want.

For me the final nail in MS's coffin is their unwillingness to properly support indie game developers. Sony has a robust system in place that has fostered the creation of games like Flower and Journey (which happens to be one of the best games ever IMO). Not to mention the original IP that keeps coming from their studios.

And for $399? Basically the price of a proper graphics card? Count me in!
Old June 11, 2013, 06:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I agree. Sony won this round by a country mile. I'm sick and tired of seeing Halo games and MS's insistence of telling the gaming community what they SHOULD want rather than listening to what they REALLY want.

For me the final nail in MS's coffin is their unwillingness to properly support indie game developers. Sony has a robust system in place that has fostered the creation of games like Flower and Journey (which happens to be one of the best games ever IMO). Not to mention the original IP that keeps coming from their studios.

And for $399? Basically the price of a proper graphics card? Count me in!
+1 to everything above.

Prepare to see alot of back pedaling from MS in the next few weeks... but I dont think it will be enough.

Sony saw this coming from a mile and just sat on it and laughed their ass off until release.
Old June 11, 2013, 07:43 AM
MVP

Yep,

I very much preferred the 360 over the PS3 for the current gen... but wow if this all comes to pass, Xbox One is already dead.
Old June 11, 2013, 08:02 AM
MVP

My System Specs

*cough* BF4... that shoulda been BC3 *cough*

...I may be finally done this franchise, but it looks so shiny...

arrrgg you DICE and your EA filled pocketses.