Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Can't EA just die already?

So EA has bought exclusive rights to all foreseeable future StarWars games EA and Disney sign exclusive deal for rights to Star Wars games | Polygon and I am deeply saddened by this. First the Great Lucas Arts is killed then this. This is a sad day for StarWars games
Old May 6, 2013, 01:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey ,EA wo what they want,and i would like people to stop attacking them! Their games are awesome...
Old May 6, 2013, 02:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Hey ,EA wo what they want,and i would like people to stop attacking them! Their games are awesome...
Heh..... sarcasm doesn't come across very well in text...... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 6, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Actually, I really liked their NFS Shift and some of the older NFS games. Also I liked ME. But other than that?
Old May 6, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

The NFS shift series always felt strange physics wise to me so I could never get into them, also some of the tracks were extremely narrow which was just plain frustrating when trying to pass someone.

I think the main problems here are that 1) Its EA and 2) Unlike in the past where we would have gotten games from Obsidian and Bioware, and EA and Lucas Arts, and Pandemic, and countless others now we are going to be severely limited in the spectrum of developers, game types and ideas. Its sad, I was interested in seeing what Obsidian had pitched to Disney a while ago.

This also means that 1313 is officially dead, and games like that cancelled Battlefront3 will never see the light of day again. Damn you Disney and EA.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
The NFS shift series always felt strange physics wise to me so I could never get into them, also some of the tracks were extremely narrow which was just plain frustrating when trying to pass someone.
I found a fix for that.

Quote:
I think the main problems here are that 1) Its EA and 2) Unlike in the past where we would have gotten games from Obsidian and Bioware, and EA and Lucas Arts, and Pandemic, and countless others now we are going to be severely limited in the spectrum of developers, game types and ideas. Its sad, I was interested in seeing what Obsidian had pitched to Disney a while ago.

This also means that 1313 is officially dead, and games like that cancelled Battlefront3 will never see the light of day again. Damn you Disney and EA.
Don't get me wrong, I too have smelled the ashes of a once great gaming society. I believe that any gamer worth his/her salt will simply refuse to buy into the dumbed down pop culture of mediocre titles. There is hope Obiwan. Do yourself a favor. If you haven't already.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; May 6, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old May 6, 2013, 04:14 PM

My System Specs

I don't think there has been a good Star Wars game since 2003 anyways.
Old May 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
Allstar

I always wanted to try SW , but never got around to it.

EA= Sports/Driver-ish games
Old May 6, 2013, 05:05 PM
Allstar

EA has a lot of licenses that I....used to like, I am not defending them but they are big enough with the right leadership they could do a lot. I am not holding my breath.... but I can hope.
Old May 6, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

EA = Beta games they patch later. Then when the game finally works nobody plays it anymore. Never mind being riddled with hackers constantly...
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.