Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Can't EA just die already? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/61092-cant-ea-just-die-already.html)

muse108dc May 6, 2013 01:24 PM

Can't EA just die already?

So EA has bought exclusive rights to all foreseeable future StarWars games EA and Disney sign exclusive deal for rights to Star Wars games | Polygon and I am deeply saddened by this. First the Great Lucas Arts is killed then this. This is a sad day for StarWars games

bliz May 6, 2013 01:58 PM

Hey ,EA wo what they want,and i would like people to stop attacking them! Their games are awesome...

sswilson May 6, 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 707398)
Hey ,EA wo what they want,and i would like people to stop attacking them! Their games are awesome...

Heh..... sarcasm doesn't come across very well in text...... ;)

IRQ Conflict May 6, 2013 02:37 PM

Actually, I really liked their NFS Shift and some of the older NFS games. Also I liked ME. But other than that?

muse108dc May 6, 2013 02:58 PM

The NFS shift series always felt strange physics wise to me so I could never get into them, also some of the tracks were extremely narrow which was just plain frustrating when trying to pass someone.

I think the main problems here are that 1) Its EA and 2) Unlike in the past where we would have gotten games from Obsidian and Bioware, and EA and Lucas Arts, and Pandemic, and countless others now we are going to be severely limited in the spectrum of developers, game types and ideas. Its sad, I was interested in seeing what Obsidian had pitched to Disney a while ago.

This also means that 1313 is officially dead, and games like that cancelled Battlefront3 will never see the light of day again. Damn you Disney and EA.

IRQ Conflict May 6, 2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muse108dc (Post 707417)
The NFS shift series always felt strange physics wise to me so I could never get into them, also some of the tracks were extremely narrow which was just plain frustrating when trying to pass someone.

I found a fix for that. :thumb:

Quote:

I think the main problems here are that 1) Its EA and 2) Unlike in the past where we would have gotten games from Obsidian and Bioware, and EA and Lucas Arts, and Pandemic, and countless others now we are going to be severely limited in the spectrum of developers, game types and ideas. Its sad, I was interested in seeing what Obsidian had pitched to Disney a while ago.

This also means that 1313 is officially dead, and games like that cancelled Battlefront3 will never see the light of day again. Damn you Disney and EA.
Don't get me wrong, I too have smelled the ashes of a once great gaming society. I believe that any gamer worth his/her salt will simply refuse to buy into the dumbed down pop culture of mediocre titles. There is hope Obiwan. Do yourself a favor. If you haven't already.

lowfat May 6, 2013 04:14 PM

I don't think there has been a good Star Wars game since 2003 anyways.

Chromey May 6, 2013 04:39 PM

I always wanted to try SW , but never got around to it.

EA= Sports/Driver-ish games

BlueByte May 6, 2013 05:05 PM

EA has a lot of licenses that I....used to like, I am not defending them but they are big enough with the right leadership they could do a lot. I am not holding my breath.... but I can hope.

clshades May 6, 2013 05:29 PM

EA = Beta games they patch later. Then when the game finally works nobody plays it anymore. Never mind being riddled with hackers constantly...