Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2013, 08:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I don't think there has been a good Star Wars game since 2003 anyways.
That's what I heard from the guys at work too. They actually seemed kind of glad EA bought it since they hope better things will come from Star Wars now.

EA has a lot of good developers under their banner and they have the potential to make good games from this.
Old May 6, 2013, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
EA has a lot of licenses that I....used to like, I am not defending them but they are big enough with the right leadership they could do a lot. I am not holding my breath.... but I can hope.
Far too many if you ask me. It is my opinion that nothing that comes out of EA anymore is worth my time, its all infused with micro transactions and always online drm and origin.

And I agree that there hasnt been a good starwars games since, I think Republic Commando was the last, but the library of games that has been good with the Star Wars IP, Xwing vs Tie fighter, KOTOR I and II, the Dark Forces series, Jedi knight series, empire at war, battlefront..... there are most likely more but those are the ones I currently have installed.....

There is a lot of potential there and I'm just sad to see it go down the drains. Though I dont think the disney movies are going to be in any better shape.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:36 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Hey ,EA wo what they want,and i would like people to stop attacking them! Their games are awesome...
Games, maybe. The assorted curses that go with them, like Origin, etc. not interested.

Instead of laying off 10% of the creative staff, they need to dump 90% of the executives, who create nothing. Then they could afford some decent servers.
Old May 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
Rookie

Eventually people are just going to stop buying games from EA, they're getting worse every day. I don't buy anything from them anymore, not worth it.