Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2013, 12:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry D View Post
...All I know is that I like starcraft for the story. When I get around to playing SCII I plan on clicking easy on the difficulty screen. But then I know I suck at RTS games, and have no real desire to improve.
Same... went through it at medium I think, easy was just a little too easy, dont care more for it.

Some people seem to take this more seriously than their job... Like many other online game like LoL.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah,same for MMO's...Like my sister in world of tanks...no comment,total geek lol...When she does not win 80% battles,rage quit -.-

I understand why people like RTS but i think that FPS will always be the most popular games,simply because they give the most immersion because of first person.
Old May 7, 2013, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Yeah,same for MMO's...Like my sister in world of tanks...no comment,total geek lol...When she does not win 80% battles,rage quit -.-

I understand why people like RTS but i think that FPS will always be the most popular games,simply because they give the most immersion because of first person.
Not only that but they are the easiest game to simply pick up and go. They are also action packed fast paced with matches not being overly drawn out and simply just fun to play. I don't play FPS much pretty much because I am horrible at them but I did have fun with the vanilla BF3 for quite some time.
Old May 7, 2013, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry D View Post
...All I know is that I like starcraft for the story. When I get around to playing SCII I plan on clicking easy on the difficulty screen. But then I know I suck at RTS games, and have no real desire to improve.
Hahaha yeah, I am sort of in this camp too.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 7, 2013, 01:55 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Sorry if I came across as a dick that was not the intention. That is just my opinion based on your statements which I completely disagree with. I didn't think it came across like that but I can see the confusion now
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
most of your statements lead us to believe that you have no clue what you are talking about or just simply don't like it because you are bad at the game.
Now you should apologize to Muse too and stop insulting people every time they pose a contrary view to your game.
Old May 7, 2013, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Thank you.

Now you should apologize to Muse too and stop insulting people every time they pose a contrary view to your game.
It's not a contrary view to the game. It's that he is misinformed and simply wrong. I am not trying to be rude. He is dodging all the vital questions to figure out how much he knows about the game and just blurting out garbage.

It can be said when people can be bad or good at things without making fun of them. I'm just pointing out the fact that it's probably the reason why he doesn't like it.
Old May 7, 2013, 02:32 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

People don't need to provide proof of their opinions.

I can see though that there is a lot to this genre. Things that I just don't get or find entertaining. To each their own I say.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:29 PM
MVP

You don't need proof for your own opinions. But he tried to convey his opinions as facts.

You'll notice I've never said anything about SupCom. I don't know enough about it or played it enough, and it would just make me look like an idiot. hint hint
I just found SupCom boring. <= opinion

No elitism, just repelling misinformation and pointing out flaws / contradictions. Which people seem to take offense to...
Old May 7, 2013, 05:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Note to the OP: People to "get" RTS, have spent lots of hours on their poison of choice ;)

P.S. I had to google SupCom before i realized it was Total Annihilation re-incarnated.
Old May 9, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd just like to say that Starcraft is the most watched and most played RTS game or even... dare I say, PC game, behind maybe LoL and DotA (and maybe WoW for player#). Starcraft is also one of the best selling PC games as well, so opinions don't really matter if there are numbers to back it up :D [citation needed ]

Last edited by headsh0t; May 9, 2013 at 07:30 PM.