Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2013, 06:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Assetto Corsa is probably one of the best Sims in years, that is if your looking for a Sim and not arcade type racer.
A couple of other good Racing Sims right now are Game Stock Car 2013 and rfactor 2.

Old December 11, 2013, 11:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies

Looks like there a couple of good options out there to be explored.

I need to spend some time on the games I've recently bought before I spend more money on games; but will be watching for these games. Maybe Assetto Corsa will be on sale for Boxing Day? I'll have to look a little closer at Stock Car 2013, it looks like it has potential too.

I find that the older games do not support Eyefinity which limits my choices. I could switch to a single screen but I really like the three screen field of vision even if 90% of my attention is on the main screen, the side screens provide that peripheral vision and add a lot to the experience. The "Wider is Better" forum provides me with a good review of what works well in Eyefinity and what does not.

I think I'll try the older GTR game I bought a little while ago but on my wife's laptop, I take that with me when I travel and maybe I'll get into on that system. I did try it on my system but could not get the menu's readable on my display. Could race the cars but navigating the menus was a royal pain. My wife's laptop is only a couple of years old so I think it should handle an older game like that OK. Not a gaming laptop by any means. Will have to see. Going to be visiting family over Christmas for two weeks so may get a chance to try it then. Will be using my game controller on the laptop so totally different experience.

So many games, so little time.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old December 12, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortkentdad View Post
Maybe Assetto Corsa will be on sale for Boxing Day?
I would like to be proven wrong but since it is already 22% off during beta, I can only see sales happen some months after final release&price. *shrug*

Oh, I forget the original requirements you specified but there is also Game Stock Car Game Stock Car 2013 and Game Formula Truck GAME FORMULA TRUCK 2013 made by Reiza Studios.
I think there was also a bundle deal on both of them together but that may have been through a specific simracing oriented website. I forget.

I would like to say I have tried out GSC and FTruck, but despite buying formula truck a few months ago I have not gotten around to downloading it yet.
Old December 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
I would like to be proven wrong but since it is already 22% off during beta, I can only see sales happen some months after final release&price. *shrug*
Same deal with Arma 3, I don't think it ever went on sale during the pre-order. And why should it? These are high-quality simulator games that will retain their value very well over the years (perhaps decades). I don't know people are expecting them to go on sale, it would be a stupid move by the developers that would only hurt the game. Perhaps these gamers are looking at the wrong game, they should look for $5 arcade racer games that go on sale.
Old December 19, 2013, 12:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Assetto Corsa is $30 on Steam..awesome deal

Old December 19, 2013, 01:11 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I just purchased Assetto Corsa today in the Steam sale, I was hoping for a discount on it, looking forward to playing it tonight.
Old December 20, 2013, 09:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Went for the Assetto Corsa today too - on sale - loaded it up, but no time to play, and I'm off to visit my daughter for Christmas in the morning - will have to wait until I return to learn to play this new game - did fire it up and it seems to play just fine on my rig.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old December 21, 2013, 05:02 AM
Allstar

First Impressions on Assetto Corsa ?

My g27 is getting dusty.