Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2013, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Kerbal Space Program

I highly recommend checking this game out. Now it doesn't have the greatest graphics but it is so much fun! You get to build complex space ships and have fun trying to get to other planets and moons, etc. Although this game looks simple it is very hard. You actually have to do math for some of the harder things.

It still isn't finished but when it is done I can easily say it will be one of my favourite games.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 22, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Bahaha I've killed a few Kerbals already :(

I forgot to add a engine to pod and he got stuck out in space.
Old April 22, 2013, 07:20 PM
Top Prospect

Hah, yes...you certainly do exterminate a few of them in the quest to be space fairing. I'm presently trying to build something reliable enough to launch reserves of fuel up so I can venture out deeper. Can always download someone else's rocket, but no fun in that!
Old April 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Bahaha I've killed a few Kerbals already :(

I forgot to add a engine to pod and he got stuck out in space.
That's the worst. I was so close to landing on the mun and the realized I forgot the final stage of thrusters and crash landed.
Old April 23, 2013, 07:55 AM
Allstar

Looks like a fun game, downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old April 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Figured out how decouplers work and built a nice rocket and got myself upwards of 110,000 meters last night. Was pretty happy. I plan to go higher tonight.
Old April 23, 2013, 10:34 AM
Top Prospect

Tons of charts and a few calculators available to help you get and maintain an orbit at varying altitudes. You can then use that orbit as a basis for getting further out. Can zoom out and time warp to actually see how your orbit is changing. Careful of time warp though, unstable crafts are affected more strongly by physics mechanisms when warped.
Old April 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have learned the hard way to test your lander before taking off. Always hilarious when you finally get to a moon(cause I haven't gone to other planets yet) and go to put down your landing gear and find out it is too high. If landing on minmus it isn't a huge problem as the gravity is so low but mun will most likely break your lander leaving your kerbals stranded. Though I think attempting a rescue operation would be fund and challenging.

One thing I am trying to learn is to get a bigger space ship into low orbit and then get a small fuel tanker type ship to dock with your big ship and refuel it. That way you have a full fuel tank to go to other planets.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 23, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Been playing the demo quite a bit recently and have had some luck. I currently have 1 spaceship heading out into deep space at an increadible rate. I suspect that there isnt actually anything out there.....

But I've managed several earth orbits and returns but the Mun escapes me. I almost had it but didnt manage to cut my engines in time and overshot. Became a rather nice solar orbit but I seem to have gotten stuck there.

This may due to me being cheap and just playing with the demo but for the most part it feels like I'm limited to what kind/shape of ship I can build. If I try to do a more complex one there seem to be a lot of explosions and I crash. Still learning though
Old July 7, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Viking Space Program - VSP Midgård - YouTube