Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2013, 07:11 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default 3D PC Gaming

Hey Everyone,

Just curious for how people have found the 3D gaming with the new monitors (like the ASUS VG....) and cards. Is it really an impressive experience, or does it really fall short and just comes across like the old gimmicky 3D. I would assume that the 3D is more present in games than in say, the average 3D movie, but I'm curious as to people's experiences.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:15 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

It all depends on the game. Some do 3D better than others. I bought 3D vision glasses a couple years ago with a BenQ projector. Played quite a few games with it. Now the thrill has worn off. Got an Asus VG278HE (for lightboost and the amazing blur free motion) and I can say the 3D is way way better than it was on the projector. So if I get a game that does 3D well I'll use it.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Playing a game like Skyrim in 3D Vision is like walking through a Diorama - everything has depth like your character's armor, and when you go to a dinner table, all the cups, plates, food, and tableware look like little 3D items. Lighting has depth and looks completely immersive compared to 2D. If the armor is multil-layered, you can rotate and circle around and see it from all angles, like from above, below, and around.

Having said that, I could never get the convergence 100% - there was always something that was double image depending on distance - I was always trying to find a balance rather than 100%.

It's fun and worth trying. But for fast twitch games like TF2 you'd probably not want to use it.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...onthelam7&iid=
http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=44147
Old April 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

That double imaging is caused by pixel persistence, can't be tuned out with convergence. They have all but solved it with the new lightboost monitors.
Old May 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Rookie

3D drives me nuts. IMO, just buy a 120HZ monitor for the incredible refresh rate and play in 2D. 3D feels like a marketing gimmick to make pirating more difficult (At least for 3D movies... ).