Old April 16, 2013, 09:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

1. Rome: Total War
2. Civ4
3. Empire: Total War
4. Borderlands 2
5. Batman Arkham Series

Intel i7 Quad Core 920 @3.8GHz | eVGA X58 x3 SLI | HAF 932 | Corsair 1000w | WD SSD 256gb | WD 3200 1TB | Seagate 2TB | 6x2GB DDR3 Mushkin XP3| MSI GTX 680+EK WB| 24" BENQ E2400HD | 19" Samsung 953BW

Swiftech 655 | Swiftech MCR220 | Apogee GTZ+1366 | EK Spinbay Res | EK Waterblock | Primochill 5/8" | Bitspower Compression Fittings
Old April 16, 2013, 11:25 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

1. Elite
2. X-Com Enemy Unknown (the original, though the remake was pretty good)
3. Diablo 2
4. BF 3 (would still play it if it weren't for all the whiney server admins who kept banning me for "hacking")
5. Half Life
Old April 16, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
1. Elite
2. X-Com Enemy Unknown (the original, though the remake was pretty good)
3. Diablo 2
4. BF 3 (would still play it if it weren't for all the whiney server admins who kept banning me for "hacking")
5. Half Life
Are you hacking lol usually they spec you and can tell if you are hacking very easily. an old Clan member I used to play online with Digm who also was part of the TWL staff would post screen shots of people hacking
Old April 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Are you hacking lol usually they spec you and can tell if you are hacking very easily. an old Clan member I used to play online with Digm who also was part of the TWL staff would post screen shots of people hacking
I get kicked for using a shotgun little EFers don't like that to much haha
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old April 16, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I get kicked for using a shotgun little EFers don't like that to much haha
HA! I hate shotgun users. I'm getting pretty good at the game using semi-automatic sniper rifles, carbines and light machine guns. These weapons all require some skill to place the bullets where you want them. And then along comes buddy around the corner in a CQD map and ends my kill streak with 3 randomly aimed, rapid shots from his DAO-12, a gun that takes no skill to operate.

If someone uses slugs in his shotgun, then I have respect for that! I'm thinking here of the 870MCS with slugs...that's a single shot kill, but you need to be able to hit the target with the first shot, otherwise you're dead, as by then I'll get the 2-3 bullets from my M417 into you.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 16, 2013, 01:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Super Mario World - on super NES
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 13
Grand Theft Auto 4
Diablo 3
Old April 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Nah, after seeing how a good pilot could dominate an entire map I got a joystick and just practiced until I became very good at the jet and would run up scores like 80-2 (usually the 2 deaths were crashes into lamp posts lol)

Even my own clan guys wouldn't quit bitching about it on our own server, so I just thought "screw it, I'm not having fun any more due to all the complaining and kicks" so I quit playing.
Old April 18, 2013, 06:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Damn i forgot to mention Dishonored ,it's at second place for me,after mass effect 3...
Old April 18, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
I got a joystick and just practiced until I became very good at the jet...
Hey Greg, what stick did you get? you like it? I used the Xbox controller but it doesn't like me much.
Old April 18, 2013, 07:36 AM
MVP

Whenever I see this thread while browsing new messages, I pause to consider what my top five might be, but I'm not able to reach a conclusion.

I think that's because I've been a gamer for 30 years, and like sports stars it's difficult to compare titles from different eras; especially because I've changed so much during that time frame.

So instead of giving my top 5 games, I want to give some credit instead.

1. Quake: Every polygonal 3D shooter since its release is derivative of this title. It defined first person 3D gameplay.

It was also groundbreaking by introducing Quake C and Quakeworld, both of which dramatically shaped the gaming industry. When I look at modern gaming communities, I see cultures deeply rooted in the irc channels and forums of clans and early gaming leagues.

It may not have been a great single player game, but its template and tools spawned something much greater than itself.