Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2013, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default EA Apologizes for kicking SimCity buyers in the nuts, by slapping them in the face!

When EA came out with a statement saying that they would be giving away a free game to appease SimCity owners that were upset, I actually thought that maybe, just maybe, EA would do the right thing. How wrong I was... Rather than give us a dollar credit towards purchasing whatever game we want, or even giving us a decent selection of games, they offered us a list of games that either everyone has, or nobody wants. Ironically, they threw SimCity 4 on to the list... "Sorry for producing a crap game guys. Here's an older version of the game that works..."

So here's the problem... I own every game on this list except for MoH (that was a complete bomb) and NFS. (I don't play racing games) So what are my options? I can choose a game I own, or a game I'll never play? Damnit EA! Why not just give everyone a credit coupon in Origin!?

Old March 22, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
When EA came out with a statement saying that they would be giving away a free game to appease SimCity owners that were upset, I actually thought that maybe, just maybe, EA would do the right thing. How wrong I was... Rather than give us a dollar credit towards purchasing whatever game we want, or even giving us a decent selection of games, they offered us a list of games that either everyone has, or nobody wants. Ironically, they threw SimCity 4 on to the list... "Sorry for producing a crap game guys. Here's an older version of the game that works..."

So here's the problem... I own every game on this list except for MoH (that was a complete bomb) and NFS. (I don't play racing games) So what are my options? I can choose a game I own, or a game I'll never play? Damnit EA! Why not just give everyone a credit coupon in Origin!?

I totally agree and feel the same way! And yes how ironic that Simcity 4 was on the list.
Old March 22, 2013, 08:55 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

That's a pretty good list of games. Not their fault you have them already.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:06 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Agreed, pretty darn good selection of games. I think EA did alright with the offer.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

UUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH
Old March 22, 2013, 09:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This sort of behaviour from EA does'nt surprise me one bit. I've loathed them for years. They seem to suck the life out of game studios, and be extremely profit orientated, to the detriment of the product and the people.
Old March 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Ironically, many are reporting the Origin version of SimCity 4 isn't compatible with many of the mods available for the game.
Old March 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Ironically, many are reporting the Origin version of SimCity 4 isn't compatible with many of the mods available for the game.

Surprised? Not I.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 22, 2013, 11:22 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Haha
EA's best customers who own the games already have the least chance of getting compensated when things go wrong in this model. Nice.

If they were really sorry, they would have used a credit system to get an upcoming game. But I guess they took the cheapest route, by offering games that many origin players would already have and have little chance of making much money on anymore. Decent titles, but likely useless to their hardcore customers.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 22, 2013, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
That's a pretty good list of games. Not their fault you have them already.
Don't forget BF3 on it's own is pretty much useless unless you pay for premium, pretty tough to get a non-expansion game.