Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2013, 04:21 PM
MVP

Another masterpiece by Irrational. The artwork and writing are incredible. Like Bioshock--and all great fiction--it provides commentary and, perhaps, insight on contemporary life. It's extremely relevant.

I really enjoyed 90% of the gameplay. I only have a couple of gameplay complaints:

- not a fan of the respawn system; I don't think I used the vita chambers in Bioshock, didn't like that I had to use them in this or revert to a checkpoint that was often further back than intended. I would have preferred to restart battles after dying with checkpoints after every wave.
- a few too many types of weapons.

Spoiler:
I was previously aware of string theory, so I could see the direction the game was going in, yet the ending still left me emotionally stunned for quite some time after finishing it. The characters were very tangible to me.
Old April 5, 2013, 05:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Same,even if i didn't understand it,still got chills :D like almost every 18/20+ rated game with a story :P
Old April 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

NSFW but hilarious review: BIOSHOCK INFINITE (Zero Punctuation) - YouTube
Old April 17, 2013, 05:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

OH MY GAWD,this guy is crazy
Old April 22, 2013, 06:36 AM
Rookie

Pretty good game imo, made me want to play it again from the beginning again which is pretty unusual for me.
Old April 24, 2013, 09:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Holy crap...the ending. My brain hurts.
Me too. Although some of that might be from the Motley Crue concert last night. I managed to make it through the game without having read any spoilers, which I've had to work hard to avoid.

After finishing it tonight, I literally sat there in absolute awe while the credits rolled and with goosebumps on my arms. What an amazing story. Hands down Game of the Year, maybe even the decade.
Old April 24, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Me too. Although some of that might be from the Motley Crue concert last night. I managed to make it through the game without having read any spoilers, which I've had to work hard to avoid.

After finishing it tonight, I literally sat there in absolute awe while the credits rolled and with goosebumps on my arms. What an amazing story. Hands down Game of the Year, maybe even the decade.
The funny part is if you read the link and then think about the things you saw in the game it makes you even appreciate the game more.
Old April 25, 2013, 04:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The funny part is if you read the link and then think about the things you saw in the game it makes you even appreciate the game more.
Exactly! I was quite stunned at the end. The link you provided was really helpful to understand it better

I was really scared about pre-ordering it because of Bioshock 2, but they did a great job creating a new story and universe.

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old April 25, 2013, 08:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Not that I feel its a bad game or anything, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. It's such a drastic difference from the first two.
Old April 25, 2013, 08:47 AM
Top Prospect

I'd say soldier on, the pay off is good!