Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28, 2013, 10:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I'm not going to play any more of this game until they patch the stuttering issue. I've tried all the supposed fixes and no go. I can watch my vram slowly fill and then bam, freezes when I turn around.
Article on Guru3D comparing 20 cards shows the VRam usage on the last page here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...nchmark,8.html

They are calling for you to use cards with 2GB minimum if you are upping the details.
Old March 28, 2013, 10:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

I had to laugh because at one point in the game you wake up after a fall and if you listen to the music its Cyndi Lauper - Girls Want to have fun in the background
Old March 28, 2013, 03:48 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Article on Guru3D comparing 20 cards shows the VRam usage on the last page here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...nchmark,8.html

They are calling for you to use cards with 2GB minimum if you are upping the details.

Thanks sugarJ. I had to set my texture detail all the way down to normal but it cured my stutter.
Old March 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

No problem. I didn't remember what you had in your system, but I didn't think it was a 680 or 7970.
Old March 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
Anyone else notice a weird mouse sensitivity issue? I have to turn it all the way down on my mouse itself otherwise even a slight breeze will send it off wildly lol.
Did you disable mouse acceleration in the game?

The problem I've encountered is crashing. I had one crash with artifacts I could alt-tab out of, and another hard crash with a black screen that locked my system up. I'm hoping it's not the 580 I just picked up.
Old March 28, 2013, 05:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I noticed that about the game too, cranked down the mouse sensitivity in the game completely and now it's a lot more enjoyable.

I am quite enjoying the game, I have a slight idea of what one of the twists could be but I may be wrong. Also, enjoying using a mixture of weapons and vigors (just unlocked the shock jockey one).
Old March 30, 2013, 11:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well just finished the game and had to watch a video to fully comprehend and understand the ending to this game. If anyone can fully understand then please do so.. but I had to do some reading on it.
Old March 31, 2013, 08:01 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah the ending was a mega disappointment. The 'twist' was so obvious I was HOPING I was wrong for the last 3/4s of the game. Rather lame.

Edit: and semi-spoiler.

enab' .... look up Hawkings Multiverse 'foam' theory. The Dr. lettuce (there is only one the female...or male is just another 'verses version of him/her) figured out how to poke a hole in his 'soap bubble' universe and step into an adjoining bubble universe. The 'lighthouse' area is not a real area. Its the space that is OUTSIDE the foam that holds all the muli-verses. When s/he figure that out...time and space no longer have any meaning for them. They can enter at will anywhere or when or world s/he wants.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; March 31, 2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old April 2, 2013, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Besides the lack luster ending I must say I enjoyed the game, really loved the added combat mechanics of being able to pull in helpful objects, have ammo, health and salts thrown to you and the whole claw/hook maneuvers. The graphics are pretty amazing considering the aging unreal engine being used, spectacular lighting and atmospheric effects that really add to the games cartoonish air. I was happy to see the game got somewhat harder near the end, ammo and hp being more limited, as the rest of the game was a walk through.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Guess I didn't find the ending lack luster, quite enjoyed the game and didn't feel it dragged on towards the game like in the first one.