Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Played for an hour. Tweaking my settings, game looks great so far. nVidia owners go and get the new whql 314.22 drivers, promised 40% boost in this game.
Old March 26, 2013, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Played for an hour. Tweaking my settings, game looks great so far. nVidia owners go and get the new whql 314.22 drivers, promised 40% boost in this game.
One thing I noticed that happens in this game is I am using an older .10 or .11 Seagate drive and when it tries to load textures or a new scene the game just stutters like hell.

I need to buy a new single platter drive strictly for my Steam/Origin games.
Old March 26, 2013, 03:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
One thing I noticed that happens in this game is I am using an older .10 or .11 Seagate drive and when it tries to load textures or a new scene the game just stutters like hell.
Even on my SSD it stutters. I think it's more the NVIDIA drivers causing it though as I had the same issue with Tomb Raider at launch and now it runs fine after a couple driver revisions.

Anyways, I played it this morning before work... only for 20 minutes though due to the autosave points, I lost about half of that time now. Had to go to work unfortunately
Old March 26, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Even on my SSD it stutters. I think it's more the NVIDIA drivers causing it though as I had the same issue with Tomb Raider at launch and now it runs fine after a couple driver revisions.

Anyways, I played it this morning before work... only for 20 minutes though due to the autosave points, I lost about half of that time now. Had to go to work unfortunately
Yeah that will be something they will probably patch in as it seems to be quite a problem for some people. They don't like the fact that you can't save where you want and lose progress.

I'm interested to see where the last save was for me last night.
Old March 26, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

This is interesting.. I didn't even notice!

Remove Auto-aim • Link
Auto-aim is enabled by default and cannot be disabled via in-game menus
Remove Auto-Aim • Link
Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config\.
Locate and open file XUserOptions in text editor.
Locate line bAimAssist and change true to false
Old March 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

It texture memory that is making it stutter. This game uses all of my gpu vram, I have textures set to ultra. If I turn a 180 it will stutter.

Edit: the new drivers made a big difference though.
Old March 26, 2013, 05:37 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Turning off SSAO cured my stuttering issues. Apparently they are working on a dx11 patch for this game.
Old March 26, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Goddamn I love the new vigors!
Old March 26, 2013, 08:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh Mechinima:

Old March 27, 2013, 06:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post

I need to buy a new single platter drive strictly for my Steam/Origin games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
It texture memory that is making it stutter. This game uses all of my gpu vram, I have textures set to ultra. If I turn a 180 it will stutter.

Edit: the new drivers made a big difference though.
I was having the same issue. I found this fix over in the Steam forums but I didn't get a chance to try it myself yet.

Fix for stuttering. - Steam Users' Forums

* In file XEngine.cfg (Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config)
change "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=true" to "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=false" *