Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2013, 06:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to wait to hear what people have to say as even though I enjoyed Bioshock 1, I quit Bioshock 2 probably half of the way through as the game wasn't impressing me and it was actually starting to bore me. I've only dropped a game or two midway so it's not a massive habit of mine. I hope they can improve on the shortcomings of Bioshock 2 (such as enemies re-spawning in cleared areas as if the areas reset and holy crap the lock picking mini-game was GARBAGE) and make Infinite a lot better game.
Old March 18, 2013, 07:39 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Bio 1 is probably one of my most favourite and memorable games of all time (def top 10)...Bio 2 was just 'ok'....so the jury is out on Bio3. Im gonna wait and see what metacritic says (ie use other peeps as my unpaid beta testers) and then and only then make a decision on whether or not to buy. The mega publishers are being wankers (or more so than usual) and I just dont trust them to release ANY quality anymore...they have to PROVE its good before I buy now.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 18, 2013, 08:07 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

well, with the advent of steam sales I never get games on launch day anymore lol.
(yeah im cheap)
Old March 18, 2013, 09:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The preorder reward for the free copy of Xcom is now at 74%. I'm very tempted to pick it up on preorder now as I enjoyed the first 2 immensely. I swore I'd never preorder another game though.
Old March 18, 2013, 09:29 AM
Top Prospect

Saw the trailer for this last night, will definitely be paying close attention and likely end up purchasing.
Old March 19, 2013, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

This. Comparing BioShock to BioShock Infinite - IGN
Old March 21, 2013, 11:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm going to wait to hear what people have to say as even though I enjoyed Bioshock 1, I quit Bioshock 2 probably half of the way through as the game wasn't impressing me and it was actually starting to bore me. I've only dropped a game or two midway so it's not a massive habit of mine. I hope they can improve on the shortcomings of Bioshock 2 (such as enemies re-spawning in cleared areas as if the areas reset and holy crap the lock picking mini-game was GARBAGE) and make Infinite a lot better game.
It should be noted that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 were created by different studios. Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite were created by Irrational Games AKA 2K Boston, started by former members of famed Looking Glass Studios--who don't get the credit they deserve in the history of first person gaming.

I finally completed Bioshock over the past two days. Previously, years ago, I had only played through most of the medical pavilion. It was an amazing experience. I can't believe it's taken me so long to play through it. An hour in, Bioshock 2 is a bit of a disappointment. I don't think that universe was meant to be revisited. I'm *almost* tempted to read spoilers to see what happens rather than play through it; but I won't.

I am now very much looking forward to Bioshock Infinite.

edit:

For those pre-purchasing, I noticed greenmangaming.com is offering a $15 credit with Bioshock Infinite, in addition to two free games. This could be applied to the season pass after the purchase, making it a decent value.

Last edited by Desiato; March 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old March 25, 2013, 10:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Reviews are now live, every one I've read has been very positive about the gameplay. A couple reviews are a bit critical of the ending, without giving spoilers. I picked up the greenmangaming.com presale this morning, which included Xcom and Spec Ops and a $15 credit. It goes live on Steam tonight, Midnight EST, 9:00pm PST.
Old March 25, 2013, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Got my free copy with the Never Settle Bundle (for a buddy who didn't want it). Not sure if my PC can actually handle it though lol. Hopefully it can as Bioshock is by far in my top 2 games for me (right behind all the HL games). If I can't play it on my PC I'll probably pick it up for PS3 after I am done Tomb Raider.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 25, 2013, 01:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Reviews are now live, every one I've read has been very positive about the gameplay. A couple reviews are a bit critical of the ending, without giving spoilers. I picked up the greenmangaming.com presale this morning, which included Xcom and Spec Ops and a $15 credit. It goes live on Steam tonight, Midnight EST, 9:00pm PST.
If you have Xcom we should play :)

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com