Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2013, 10:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just pulled the trigger last night on a Steelcase Leap (V2) for $250.....albeit it's green.....
Old March 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Herman Miller Embody. It shapes you into the proper form. PAINFUL at first but I haven't had a single back issue since. Best money I've ever spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Herman Miller Aeron. It isn't comfortable but I do not get any back pain unlike every other seat I've sat in. I will upgrade to an Embody sometime in the next year or two hopefully.
I had NO IDEA how you guys afford these chairs

Needless to say, the Embody looks real purdy, especially in Peacock
Old March 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Solid oak half back office chair, circa 1933.
Came to say that very answer. With the matching desk.
Old April 11, 2013, 10:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've had my Herman Miller chair since the mid 90's. It's still going strong. Nearly 20 years of great service. You know what they say. Buy once, cry once.

Couldn't be any more true.
Old April 11, 2013, 11:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
I'm developing bad posture from long gaming sessions. I'm using a cheap chair and my ass starts feeling uncomfortable after a while. I need to invest in a decent chair.
Best one out there IMHO the 94 Chrysler mini van chair.I've sat and gamed in this from 7 am Saturday till 1 am the next morning,zero ZERO! pain or discomfort.Yea it looks gettho but has the comfort of what are called 24 hour task chairs that start at $1000 and up.The best part is it's free!and so are the replacements.Wrecking yards are full of amazing options.Guess you could get creative with the base but I'm no carpenter,would rather be gaming.
Old April 11, 2013, 12:18 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Best one out there IMHO the 94 Chrysler mini van chair.I've sat and gamed in this from 7 am Saturday till 1 am the next morning,zero ZERO! pain or discomfort.Yea it looks gettho but has the comfort of what are called 24 hour task chairs that start at $1000 and up.The best part is it's free!and so are the replacements.Wrecking yards are full of amazing options.Guess you could get creative with the base but I'm no carpenter,would rather be gaming.
Just remember to buckle up for those intense sessions
Old October 18, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That's actually got me thinking. I bought a cheap leather chair from CdnTire(?) on sale, and it's not too comfy after a longer session. But I find I'm lounging off the to side of a chair, rarely sitting square to my desk. I like a real soft chair, thats why those Herman Miller's don't appeal to me, at least in pictures.
Old October 18, 2013, 09:33 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
I've sat and gamed in this from 7 am Saturday till 1 am the next morning[/IMG]
What is wrong with you people?

I've got a $250 leather managers chair from staples. Sat in a bunch and got the one that felt comfiest. Never had back pain ever though, because I GET UP and EXERCISE.
Old October 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
What is wrong with you people?

I've got a $250 leather managers chair from staples. Sat in a bunch and got the one that felt comfiest. Never had back pain ever though, because I GET UP and EXERCISE.
Bad to sit in a chair all day, gents. Bad for eye strain, your back, shoulders will curl forwards, neck protrudes out. Friend of mine had ingrown hairs on his rump from sitting too much (Pilonidal Sinus - legit, look it up! ). He had to have surgery because they caused an abscess. Gaming is bad for your health .. and social life. (if you choose to have one )